“Good Amenities for a Decent Price”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Summerville
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Summerville
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed here for a weekend trip to attend a wedding in the area. Overall my hotel experience was good, not outstandingly super awesome, but definitely worth the price I paid.

The Good-
Quiet Rooms
Comfortable bedding
Clean
Complimentary breakfast (a tad bit better than your average breakfast buffet)
Close proximity to I-26 and downtown Summerville
Free snack pack upon arrival
Free cookies in the afternoon

The Bad-
AC units make a fair bit of noise
Some rooms with flat screen TVs, some with older box sets
No fan in bathroom
Only 1 Elevator

Overall, I think the experience was worth the money. My only serious complaint was with the check-in process. The desk clerk seemed really disinterested in checking me in. She asked my name and gave me a room key. She did not tell me my room number or how to get to my room from the lobby. She handed me a bag of snacks, which was a nice touch, but didn't explain what the snacks were for. Also, she never explained the hotel amenities like I've experienced at other chains (IE-the breakfast buffet hours, the fitness room hours, check out time, etc.). I'm not sure if I caught her at a bad time or if she was a new associate, but either way I walked off from check-in with more questions than answers about my hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 23 and 21 (IE- 221 and 223, 321 and 323, and 421 and 423) are close to the elevator...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank laineypants

Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed 2 nights in quiet 2nd floor room. Very comfortable beds, feather pillows, tasty complimentary breakfast with the standard DIY waffles, eggs, bacon, cereals, sweets, fruit,etc. Still love the soft,chewy cookies in the evening. Friendly staff. Room was clean. Price about $110/night with our AAA for a king room with a fridge/micro we didn't use.

Room Tip: We think 2nd is best.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed two nights and it is clean and some of the staff is nice but the hotel is not up to date. When we checked in the desk clerk was very nice and helpful. A day later we needed some information about late check out and the desk clerk was not helpful at all and even seemed put out.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Staff was great, breakfast average, shower average, overall experience a hair above average. We stayed there 2 nights and really thought it was a good deal. Rooms were clean, business center very workable and gym just right to keep you where you were. Breakfast coud be better, but that's the case at most places of this genre. We'll stay here again in March. A solid 3 star

Room Tip: Back is nicer
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Smoker Friendly...
I had a week long stay at this location.
My room was ok,a little dated but had all the necessities such as flat screen,micro and fridge.
Staff are great and the breakfast is free and hot.
The wifi and speeds are excellent here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank CarolinaCoopers
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Our most recent stay at Country Inns and Suites in Summerville,SC was this past Saturday night. We had two rooms: a standard double and a king suite. Service was great and prompt from the staff. We were celebrating my father's 90th birthday and decided to use the hotel as the location as we have stayed there several times and knew the service would be great. The staff prepared their meeting room for us which was big enough for about 45 people to meet. They set up long and round tables and chairs. The use of the meeting room and set up was no charge. Isn't that amazing?? Staff was friendly and helpful.

Additionally the rooms were clean and comfortable and quiet. I won't say the beds were the most comfortable in the world but not squeaky and pretty comfortable compared to my great bed at home.

The breakfast is quite adequate. I don't make waffles at home so I enjoy a good belgian waffle when I travel and this was fine. There are also eggs and good bacon and other choices.

The staff presents you with a little care package when you check in with a granola bar, some Nance crackers, an apple and a bottle of water. Likewise there are good cookies at the desk for guests to help themselves.

There are also nice rocking chairs in the front porch area which we enjoyed visiting with family in.

We would happily stay again and recommend.

Room Tip: We have stayed on 2nd floor and 3rd. I prefer 2nd because then I take the stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I stay in Summerville frequently on business. Usually this hotel provides great value, great service and a great night's sleep. Recently, however; the hotel fell short on the great night's sleep. I stayed in Room 326. The soap and shampoo were missing, the closet was not vacuumed and the air conditioner was quite noisy. To their credit, the front desk staff was great. I will stay there again as this hotel is better than the others in the area. (I have stayed in them also.). A little maintenance and auditing behind the maids is in order I think.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business