“Somewhat disappointing”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Summerville
Greenville, United States
“Somewhat disappointing”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Even though the price was right, the breakfast area was tidy, and the cookies delicious, I would have liked the carpets cleaner and the Wi-Fi functioning. My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and we chose this motel to come and go to Charleston.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Linton, Indiana
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Comfortable beds, clean room, very good breakfast selection. Fresh baked cookies daily. Very pet friendly.Loved the rocking chairs on front porch, great place to read. Staff very nice and helpful.Loved our stay. You get a little goodie bag when you leave with an apple, water and a granola bar, great snack for the road.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a family reunion here on July 19 with 33 family members. Most of us stayed here and no one was disappointed. The complimentary meeting room was perfect in size and the way it was set up. They allowed outside catering and there was no problem bring in our own "adult beverages." The breakfast room was quite large and the food was good. The staff was extremely helpful with the little things we needed for the party. Our room was very nice and the common areas were nicely finished. The lobby was a big visual plus. I highly recommend this place if you need a room in Summerville and if you need a meeting / party room it's outstanding. On a scale of 1 to 10 . . . this is a 10.5!

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor right next to the door to the parking lot. This was great because we had...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Washington
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I left a pretty good review of this place in 2012. I went back in 2014 and was shocked by my stay - in a bad way. When I arrived, I passed the business center and realized there was a vulgar picture set as the screen saver on the computer. It was hard to avoid as directly adjacent to elevator. I had specifically requested a non-smoking room. When I arrived the room reeked of smoke. I returned to the desk to be told there was no non-smoking room available and they could spray and run a fan. A softball tournament had every room in town booked so I was stuck. The following night. a raving drink man nearly beat down my door screaming. I fumbled in the dark for a phone because the light was burned out. No one answered. I called three times. Nothing. What a terrifying night.
The hotel was a nightmare for me and I advise women business travelers and families to avoid especially because of the environment. Looks like others have had a similarly bad experience, so caveat emptor!
Stay at the Holiday Inn just up the road and spare yourself the misery here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Summerville, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay, particularly regarding the condition of your room, and the incident you experienced during the night. It does not please us to hear that a guest does not feel safe, and we are taking the steps necessary to ensure this does not occur in the near future. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations and restore your faith in our hotel.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care at your earliest convenience.

Travellers are raving about these Summerville hotels

El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

While the staff may be friendly, it just isn't worth your money to stay here. The hotel is in desperate need of updating and a good cleaning. Our room was small and dark and quite filthy. The second floor hallway had no air conditioning. We asked an employee for a "do not disturb" sign to hang on the door and none could be located. We had to write a note and stick it in the key card slot. The parking lot backs up to the interstate and another less than reputable motel, so I really didn't feel safe or comfortable after dark. While walking my dog on the grass behind the hotel, I found a syringe. Need I say more?

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tannams
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 June 2014

As a road warrior I have stayed many hotels over the past 45 years. 2 years ago I stayed at this property at least 8 nights monthly. At that time the desk staff was personable and knew what they were doing. On June 10 a business associate and I went back to this property. What a change. The desk staff took at least 10 minutes fumbling thru a computer to simply check us in. The room each of us were given were terrible, mine was room 225. The carpet by the air conditioner was soaked with water, The bath room had mold or something on the floor by the tub in the bathroom. The facia of the bathroom counter was loose and pulling away. The floor creaked badly when walking and the carpet hadn't been cleaned in years. Had it not been 11pm and nothing else in town available we would have run fast away from this property. Stay away, very far away from this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Bear3642014
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2014

In town last minute for funeral...Country Inn & Suites was reasonably priced and close to the highway. Could not have been more pleased. Comfortable. Clean. And great attitude from staff. They even gave me a small care package as I came in with bottled water, a cereal bar and an apple. There's not much to Summerville, but if you need to go, this place is a great overnight option!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo