Hampton Inn Sumter
Priceline
US$122
US$109
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnice hotela hilton honors memberin towncookiesexcellent stayroom was cleancomplimentary breakfaststaff was friendlyplace to staysouth carolinabusiness tripnext morningup to datethe entire staffthe breakfast areawafflesenjoyed my stay
Reviewed 18 April 2007

We were in Sumter for the birth of our first grandchild so we didn't arrive until 3:00 a.m. and the hotel had canceled our reservation even though it was guaranteed. They did still have a room for us but it took a little while to straighten out. The young lady working was very pleasant and apologized for the problem. Our room was great - the hotel is being remodeled and our room had been completed but some of the public spaces were still in the process. We tried to sleep in but the workmen started using their power tools very early. The big plus to this hotel - was the bed. By far the best hotel bed I have ever slept in. It was a king, comfortable, lots of pillows and
scrumptious sheets and comforter. Also, the front desk called us before 8:00 a.m. to be sure we wanted to stay an additional day - not sure why they would do that since it was obvious we arrived very late. The breakfast was the usual - coffee was good and the hotel and room were very clean.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 6 November 2006

The staff service was excellent, but this hotel was not clean. The room had food stuck to the lap desk, a stained ironing board, mildew spots in the shower, the inside door handle had something sticky (candy or something) stuck to it, and the door of the bathroom had visible dirt around the door handle area. I am a Hilton Diamond member, I travel the country often and typically stay ay Hampton Inns. I was very disappointed. I moved down the street to the Holiday Inn Express...very nice for business traveler hotel.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 25 February 2006

Maybe it was me. I came in after a very long drive. The clerk never said what my room number was, just handed me the key card. On it, it clearly said 202. I was exhausted and went right up. The key didn't work. With my non-rolling and heavy suitcase, in the room furthest from the elevator, I wasn't happy. As a Hilton Honors member -- and frequent Hampton guest -- my profile with them has always said I request a room near the elevator, and I don't recall that that request has even one time been honored. Hmm. After one very helpful clerk running up and down the stairs several times to help me, it was discovered that the first number on the key card envelope was really a 3, not a 2. Well, it still looked like a 2 to me. When the clerk got me settled in the room, the bedspread had a huge burn and tear in it. I asked if they could replace it, and she said they didn't have enough to unless she took one out of an unfilled room. I said never mind. How very odd for a Hampton!

2  Thank Sharoo32
A TripAdvisor Member
Milford, Delaware
Reviewed 1 September 2004

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Sumter, SC while visiting our son. It was clean and comfortable, had good service, and the staff were friendly and helpful. I heartily recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2004
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Conway,SC
Reviewed 5 July 2004

Upon check in (long term Stay), the TV and the phone did not work properly. I informed the front desk about the problem and after two weeks the problem was still not resolved. Finally the tv quit working all together and I asked to be moved to a similar room and was refused. I was not only refused but was treated rudely. I was perplexed at the idea that I was the customer and was treated so badly. It's unfortunate that the idea of customer service is lost on the staff at this hotel. I can only hope that the staff will be treated with their own type of service somewhere else.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member