Hampton Inn Sumter
Sleep Inn(Sumter)
US$61
US$56
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnice hotela hilton honors memberin towncookiesexcellent stayroom was cleancomplimentary breakfaststaff was friendlyplace to staysouth carolinabusiness tripnext morningup to datethe entire staffthe breakfast areawafflesenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is a difficult hotel to review for me. The worst part of my stay was my own fault. I booked a room there as a stopover on our way to Charleston using rewards points but somehow missed that it was a smoking room. The hotel was sold out and, of course, we were locked in. I'm so used to hotels not having smoking rooms anymore, I got lazy. Anyway, this is definitely an older Hampton. The hotel gym was great for a hotel this size and age. The rooms themselves show age, but they're not falling apart by any stretch. I'm sure it's still one of the nicer hotels in Sumter. The common area was nice, clean and well appointed. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly when we checked in and as helpful as he could be.

Room Tip: If you're a nonsmoker, definitely be aware they have smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed here about 6 years ago and I think the only thing new/updated in the room is the flat screen TV since then. There was a cracker wrapper on side of nightstand and the duvet cover was not clean as they stated by the post it note standard. Unfortunately not a lot of choices for Rooms in Sumter.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The hotel staff was great from the time I arrived. I actually arrived early to prepare for a baby shower that I was hosting for a local family member. The staff ensured that we had everything we needed and when we had to run out for last minute items, they made sure the room was secured as it contained gifts and most imporantly food items :). I would definitely make this my choice hotel when visiting family members in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I find Hampton Inn to be the best value for my business dollar, regardless of where I am. The Hampton Inn in Sumter was no different. I would certainly stay again. A shower that does not clog is always my marker of a hotel, passed!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Debra and her staff at the Sumter Hampton Inn make you feel like you are part of the family --- welcoming you with a smile and warm cookies! Should you need anything, they will make it happen! If you are ever in the Sumter area and need a nice place to stay, stay with Debra and hear team at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business