Hampton Inn Sumter
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$75
Sleep Inn(Sumter)
US$61
US$77
Travelocity
All reviewsnice hotela hilton honors memberin towncookiesexcellent stayroom was cleancomplimentary breakfaststaff was friendlyplace to staysouth carolinabusiness tripnext morningup to datethe entire staffthe breakfast areawafflesenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 October 2013

After two weeks on the road, I had to present a lecture at the USC. The hotel was so quiet and peaceful. I would love to return for a vacation. The location was near the university and eating places. Sumter is a hidden secret in the center of South Carolina, not far from the State Capitol.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Debra B, Manager at Hampton Inn Sumter, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you so much for this review and we are happy that you had a pleasant stay with us. Please come again.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We spent two nights here. Very nice hotel and the staff is extremely friendly. The room was clean, quiet and the hotel location convenient. Nice to have a fridge and microwave. We will stay here again. I do recommend the hotel replace their pillows; after many washings, the pillows are very lumpy and limp. Otherwise, a nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed here on way to Charleston, SC. Had a peaceful sleep and good workout in the fitness center. The complimentary breakfast was what you'd expect but good. Should I find myself in this area again I'd stay here.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel. The evening we arrived they did not have the usual snacks/cookies that hamptons have each evening. Disappointing, but not that big of a deal.

The morning we checked out, we had the do not disturb sign on our door, but that didn't stop the maid from entering our room while we were still in it. Claiming she thought we were already gone. Because of that, I will never stay in this place again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This was an exceptional hotel. The staff was very helpful and the room was clean and smelled fresh. The location was great. Close to restaurants and shopping. A very safe area to stay. Will stay there again on next trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo