“Nice Hotel”
Review of Hampton Inn Sumter

Hampton Inn Sumter
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Sumter
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Enjoyed my stay at Sumter Hampton Inn. It is near shopping, military base, and Morris College. Room was clean and nice size. The hotel was clean. Staff was very helpful. This is my 3rd stay at the Sumter Hampton Inn. The main lobby is being remodel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank teebird2

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Even though there was construction going on in the lobby the hotel staff was exceptional and they did their best to make everyone's stay comfortable and pleasant. The room was always cleaned and I had a very pleasant experience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Sumter, SC.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

If this hotel is ranked number 1 then I recommend not visiting Sumter. At check in the lady was very nice. Unfortunately we could not hear a word due to the jack hammer on the other side of the plastic wall and we choked on the dust covering everything. Would have been nice if we were told about major renovation when we made our reservation. After check in we went out and got back late. When I went to shower I discovered the shower was full of mildew. When I went to the front desk they gave me bathroom cleaner and a rag. I ended up cleaning my own shower. The next morning I went to breakfast only to discover it was being served in a very small area and all the food containers were covered with construction dust.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank YorktownBob
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Despite the noise being generated during a renovation of the lobby, the hotel staff went out of their way to help those checking in. The noise ended at 5:00 pm and couldn't be heard in the room. The renovation is expected to last another 3 weeks. Nonetheless, it wasn't a problem and didn't detract from the excellent rooms, the hot breakfast and very helpful staff. After the renovation is completed, the lobby will be great. I would stay here again, without question.

Room Tip: The hotel telephone number is 803-469-2222
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Not the best Hampton Inn I have stayed at by far, but it was a good stay. The room was clean and quiet, the parking was close, the front desk staff was good, the breakfast was ok (need a better toaster). Convenient location. Some parts seemed a bit dated and the bathroom is very dim but there was a good sized refrigerator and plenty of towels. Good value for price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014

hotel is located next to restaurants and walmart. not a long drive from I95 and the atmosphere was pleasant alomg with staff . The beds were soft and sheets were very clean. You can walk to nearby stores and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Inn was very clean and the staff was friendly. We stayed 2 nights and were very pleased with our room and the overall experience at the Inn. We will stay at this location in the future when we are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family