“Horrible check in”

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Sumter
Eastover, South Carolina
“Horrible check in”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We booked this room online and when we got there, there was no record of our reservation even though we had a confirmation email and the money had already taken out of my account. If it were not for that fact, we would have gone and found a room some place else. It took almost an hour to check in which is ridiculous given that the room had been booked prior so that check in would be easy. The room itself was ok but the sheets smelled. It is likely that we would not stay at this hotel in the future.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Angie H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
South Carolina
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were in town for a wedding. Neither of us had been to Sumter before and we weren't sure what to expect. Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly smile and given excellent direction. The pool area was perfect. The breakfast was a pleasant surprise as well. I expected cold Danish at most, but the waffle, eggs and bacon helped kick start a long ride home.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This was my first encounter with a Sleep Inn and it was delightful! The room was inviting and comfortable. My travel mate wanted to learn where to get a pillow as it was so comfortable. Only negative for some may be the bathroom. It only contained shower stall and was "tight", but this did not matter to me. Of greater importance was the fact that I could partake of the breakfast that was included. As a diabetic, I often can not eat the continental breakfasts but this location had eggs, sausage, fresh fruit variety, and other more healthy choices than I have ever seen at a hotel breakfast. I thank them very much for a delightful experience!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stayed here overnight. Everything was great except for the smell of the room we stayed in and the shower door was not really closing. The room smelled like smoke although it says on the reservation its a non-smoking room and it did have a no-smoking sign on the hallway. My children and I were coughing so bad during the night that we had to check out very early in the morning. The shower door needed a good slamming to close. Also the elevator was out of service when we stayed. I would have given it two more stars if the room didnt stank and if we actually got a good night's sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank iammommy16

Travellers are raving about these Sumter hotels

Hinesville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful, you don't find that much in customer service. Rooms were clean, breakfast was enjoyable. I like the small workout room within the hotel.
The location of the hotel, was in a decent location, close to major stores and restaurant and traffic was low. I got the best rate compared to other hotels in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Although this place is not covered up with amenities, it was clean, up to date and the breakfast menu varied a little every day. The staff was always friendly and helpful. There is a nice seasonal outdoor pool, but if you want to swim indoors you will need to go next door. The only improvement needed that I saw, was that the 'chair' in the suite was not very comfortable. A recliner would be nice. Will we be back, absolutely. This place made our stay in Sumter very pleasant. Will be back in a few weeks. The refrigerator and microwave were nice, but I wonder if places would consider getting the refrigerator up off the floor....would be much easier to access. The mattress was a little hard for me, but might be just fine for others...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NativeKentuckian
Bobbie O, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed yourself! Come back and see us again soon. We're upgrading our lobby and making some other changes that we are excited about! Thank you for choosing Sleep Inn of Sumter, SC. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay!
stone mountain, ga
Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Sleep Inn for 1 night. The hotel badly needs updating, the fixtures are from the early 90's maybe even the 80's. The room was small and dark but reasonably clean. The bathroom was very small, just big enough to turn around in. However I was very peeved by the sliding door to the toilet, I've never seen that before. Worse our door was off the track so it could not be closed completely without some serious maneuvering, especially since there is no handle. My brother actually slammed his finger trying to close the door to the bathroom in his room. The staff was friendly and the location is great but I cannot recommend this hotel with so many other choices in the area.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank shamac69
Bobbie O, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share in your experience. We are in the process of a complete refresh in our lobby and public areas, as well as updating our rooms. Specifically, some of the things you mentioned: fixtures, chairs, pictures, etc. Thank you for noticing our great staff and the cleanliness of our hotel! I think you will like the changes we are making at Sleep Inn. We hope you will come back again!