“Great Hotel!”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Sumter
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This hotel shares a block with a Comfort Suites (a higher Choice brand) but I don't know if I'd have had any better stay there. I chose this Sleep Inn because it fell in my business reimbursement rate. When I arrived, I was greeted warmly by Bobbie who checked me in very efficiently. I was given a room on the first floor. When I went in, I was very pleased by the condition. Everything was in working order and clean. I'm actually a fan of the walk-in showers. I mean, who really takes a sit-down bath in a hotel any more? Great water pressure. Breakfast was good (waffles, eggs, turkey sausage, and the other normal continental stuff- and pretty good coffee from an instant machine).

Sleep Inn is not at the top of the Choice brands, but I have stayed at many of the upper brands that could take some lessons from this hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jhg155
Bobbie O, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback! Your comments serve as an encouragement to our entire staff! We look forward to your next stay!

Thank you again!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Could have been cleaner & not very sound proof. Looks as if it could have had a better sweeping job. Strings on floor & some type of dirt on top of bed spread. Could hear people in hall & rooms above.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your feedback! Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I went to Sumter to attend a funeral for a family member and Sleep Inn was recommended. The room was clean and comfortable, as expected, but nothing fancy. However, the total amount of the bill, including tax, was only $80 and change. I received a 10% discount because of membership in AAA. Check-in was quick and the employee was friendly. I liked the walk-in shower stall instead of having to shower in a tub and also the fact that there was a handle inside for us older folks who don't have the great balance we used to. There was also a small microwave and a small fridge. Free wifi was offered.

Breakfast was a disappointment, however. It was served from 6:00 to 9:00 and I arrived around 8:00. The scrambled eggs were overcooked and in pieces and there was no bacon, just sausage patties and sausage links. No grits--hey, this is a Southern town, after all. Not even any orange juice, just some apple juice in a pitcher. Three choices of cold cereal: Frosted Flakes, Fruit Loops, and Rice Krispies. Two varieties of instant oatmeal: apple/cinnamon and maple/brown sugar. A waffle maker was provided and there were bagels and sweet rolls. So there was fairly decent variety--it's just that the eggs, lack of bacon, and lack of orange juice were problems for me. Perhaps it was because it was a holiday (MLK Day) and there seemed to be relatively few people at the hotel, but breakfast was still disappointing.

Nevertheless, I consider the hotel excellent value, especially with the 10% discount, and I would go back to it if I return to Sumter.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TwoCarolinians
Bobbie O, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Feedback from our guests is very important to us!

I have shared your feedback with our breakfast hostess, as your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 13 January 2014

This was our third stay at this hotel. We have had great service and the rooms are clean and quiet. Breakfast includes hot items like waffles, eggs and sausage. Sometimes grits and biscuits and gravy! The property is starting to show a little age, but is a good value.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Bobbie O, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will be an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We booked this room online and when we got there, there was no record of our reservation even though we had a confirmation email and the money had already taken out of my account. If it were not for that fact, we would have gone and found a room some place else. It took almost an hour to check in which is ridiculous given that the room had been booked prior so that check in would be easy. The room itself was ok but the sheets smelled. It is likely that we would not stay at this hotel in the future.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Angie H
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were in town for a wedding. Neither of us had been to Sumter before and we weren't sure what to expect. Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly smile and given excellent direction. The pool area was perfect. The breakfast was a pleasant surprise as well. I expected cold Danish at most, but the waffle, eggs and bacon helped kick start a long ride home.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This was my first encounter with a Sleep Inn and it was delightful! The room was inviting and comfortable. My travel mate wanted to learn where to get a pillow as it was so comfortable. Only negative for some may be the bathroom. It only contained shower stall and was "tight", but this did not matter to me. Of greater importance was the fact that I could partake of the breakfast that was included. As a diabetic, I often can not eat the continental breakfasts but this location had eggs, sausage, fresh fruit variety, and other more healthy choices than I have ever seen at a hotel breakfast. I thank them very much for a delightful experience!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends