“Highly recommend! ”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Sumter
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel twice in just one month. It was one of my better hotel experiences. The staff was professional and polite. I had two rooms. They were clean and comfy. A little small. For just two nights, Not a bad thing. Will Stay again...

Stayed: August 2014
Bobbie O, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your nice comments about your recent stay at the Sleep Inn in Sumter, SC. On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to say that we are all glad you enjoyed your time here. It will be our pleasure to have you visit us again. We look forward to the next time!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Driving to Orlando with the family from DC. It was late and we needed a hotel. Most everything in the region was booked or super sketchy. Found the Sleep Inn and what a pleasant surprise. Staff were right and friendly at midnight. Area well lit and felt safe. Hallway was a little stinky but the room was just fine. Beds and pillows comfortable. Shower nice and bigger than expected. It's not the Four Seasons but it is a perfectly nice hotel for what it is. We had a comfortable night and a pleasant breakfast. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Whata1derfulworld
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

The staff was fast and friendly , the breakfast was a little different everyday but good, the rooms were clean and updated. The rates are good. A pretty good place.to stay in the area without spending alot.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Bobbie O, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback! I have shared your comment with our staff! We hope to see you agin soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Checked in at the hotel..the lady named Cheryl said I needed $150.00 deposit.. I stayed the night before an several night the past few years with no deposit. Being an elite member with over a 100 stays per year in the comfort inn chain. They just had to have $150.00 deposit. Since I was paying cash..I don't have this problem in any other Comfort Inn chain.

Room Tip: do not stay at this motel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank fwaldeck
Bobbie O, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

I have shared your feedback with Sheryl, as well as all of our front desk staff, to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. I apologize if our policy was not given to you in a friendly manner. Providing a friendly environment for all of our guests is important to us! I certainly understand your frustration regarding the $150 deposit; however, we had to put this policy in place some time ago to protect our non smoking rooms. Nothing is more frustrating than for a guest to stay in a non smoking room that smells like smoke. Furthermore, front desk staff feels uncomfortable waiving the deposit, unless they have authorization from management. Again, I do apologize if this came off in an unfriendly manner.

Thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Sumter.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This hotel shares a block with a Comfort Suites (a higher Choice brand) but I don't know if I'd have had any better stay there. I chose this Sleep Inn because it fell in my business reimbursement rate. When I arrived, I was greeted warmly by Bobbie who checked me in very efficiently. I was given a room on the first floor. When I went in, I was very pleased by the condition. Everything was in working order and clean. I'm actually a fan of the walk-in showers. I mean, who really takes a sit-down bath in a hotel any more? Great water pressure. Breakfast was good (waffles, eggs, turkey sausage, and the other normal continental stuff- and pretty good coffee from an instant machine).

Sleep Inn is not at the top of the Choice brands, but I have stayed at many of the upper brands that could take some lessons from this hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jhg155
Bobbie O, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback! Your comments serve as an encouragement to our entire staff! We look forward to your next stay!

Thank you again!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Could have been cleaner & not very sound proof. Looks as if it could have had a better sweeping job. Strings on floor & some type of dirt on top of bed spread. Could hear people in hall & rooms above.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your feedback! Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Bobbie Owens
Sleep Inn, Sumter SC

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I went to Sumter to attend a funeral for a family member and Sleep Inn was recommended. The room was clean and comfortable, as expected, but nothing fancy. However, the total amount of the bill, including tax, was only $80 and change. I received a 10% discount because of membership in AAA. Check-in was quick and the employee was friendly. I liked the walk-in shower stall instead of having to shower in a tub and also the fact that there was a handle inside for us older folks who don't have the great balance we used to. There was also a small microwave and a small fridge. Free wifi was offered.

Breakfast was a disappointment, however. It was served from 6:00 to 9:00 and I arrived around 8:00. The scrambled eggs were overcooked and in pieces and there was no bacon, just sausage patties and sausage links. No grits--hey, this is a Southern town, after all. Not even any orange juice, just some apple juice in a pitcher. Three choices of cold cereal: Frosted Flakes, Fruit Loops, and Rice Krispies. Two varieties of instant oatmeal: apple/cinnamon and maple/brown sugar. A waffle maker was provided and there were bagels and sweet rolls. So there was fairly decent variety--it's just that the eggs, lack of bacon, and lack of orange juice were problems for me. Perhaps it was because it was a holiday (MLK Day) and there seemed to be relatively few people at the hotel, but breakfast was still disappointing.

Nevertheless, I consider the hotel excellent value, especially with the 10% discount, and I would go back to it if I return to Sumter.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TwoCarolinians
Bobbie O, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Feedback from our guests is very important to us!

I have shared your feedback with our breakfast hostess, as your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kind Regards,