“Very Happy”

Candlewood Suites Sumter
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Sumter
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I've been staying in this hotel for about a week now, never have I had such a pleasant experience with my hotel stay. From the first day until now, I have been greeted by multiple workers with great attitudes ready to service anything I need. Not that I have many needs to begin with, its just nice to have someone genuinely want to help you with any requests. I am aware that there are multiple locations through out the states, so whenever I am traveling, Candlewood Suites will be the first place I look for.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 May 2014

As a frequent business and leisure traveler, I'd become somewhat jaded by the lack of service in most of the "service" industry. That changed recently thanks to my stay at the Candlewood Suites in Sumter, SC. I'm here on business and must say that Mr. Patel and his staff offer something special to their guests -- unrivaled hospitality. I've stayed at so-called 4 and 5 star properties around the globe that didn't offer the attentiveness and service that this exceptional property offers. The rooms are well-appointed (perfect for extended business or family stays) and the property is tidy and well-maintained. Pets are welcome here but you'd never know it (I've travelled with my dog in the past and stayed at places where you knew that pets were allowed) -- more evidence of how clean the staff keeps the property. I've not encountered a single person that works here who wasn't pleasant to talk with. The only slight issue I could point out is that you can hear folks on the third floor occasionally when there's heavy foot traffic. The management team asked me early in the stay if I'd like to change rooms (they contacted me to check on things) but I didn't see a reason to move. If you're a light sleeper -- ask for a room on the third floor. Other than that, I can only say that this is a great place for business or family stays. I really can't say enough about how nice the owner/management/staff team is. I wish other properties would take lessons from Mr. Patel. Thanks for the great stay!!!

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, get a room on the third floor. It will cut down on some of the foot...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike L
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed here for two nights during a recent business trip and wasn't disappointed. The room was clean and I was on the third floor, so there weren't any noise issues. I loved that there was a kitchen - I bought a few things to keep in the room to take the conference each day. It was great having several restaurants within walking distance. The gym is one of the nicer ones and the equipment was all pretty new. If I'm ever back this way again, this is my number one choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Our stay was from December 25 to January 2nd, 2014. Two adults, one 11 year old, and 2 10 month old German Shepherd Dogs, First, let me say how much I appreciated a hotel that accepts larger pets, The pet deposit for our entire stay was only $75 which is much less than paying kennel fees. The hotel has a large outside pet walking area which we used every day. The dogs really enjoyed their stay!!!

Our room accommodations were excellent. We had two double beds. There was plenty of space even with the dogs. Large refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, plates, utensils, etc., were all provided. We had a slight problem the first night with a clogged drain, we reported it, and it was fixed promptly,

The hotel has 3 washers and 4 dryers, all free of charge, in a common area. We used them without any problems. They also have a convenience area stocked with soda, food items, etc. While the selections are somewhat limited, there are plenty of larger convenience stores (Walmart, K-Mart, 7-11) nearby. As far as eating establishments, Logan's Roadhouse is right next door to the hotel. Chili's, Applebees, IHOP, Quiznos and Dunkin Donuts are all within easy walking distance.

During our stay, we found the staff to be excellent and accommodating to our needs. While I failed to get his name, the person working the day shift reservations desk was very easy to work with and constantly inquired as to how our stay was going. While the hotel may only be rated 2.5 stars, we received 5 star service.

The hotel has a fitness area with a universal weight machine, two treadmills, and an elliptical machine. While I didn't use them, the area is clean and well kept up. My son used the pool on several occasions and the pool area was clean and well kept up. The hotel also has movie dvd's at no charge which you can sign out from the front desk.

All in all, we had an excellent family (and pet) experience and look forward to future stays.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank BRIAN K
Reviewed 11 November 2013

my wife, 4 month old son and i along with our dog stayed here during a trip. The hotel was very clean you would never know it was pet friendly. Room was good size with full kitchen. Great staff and location. Lots of restaurants to choose from, Very quite, also had a little shop in the lobby with drinks and foods for good price. Seemed like the only pet friendly hotel in the area. Would defiantly staff here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We only stayed for one night but had a great experience. Our king suite was spacious, and our room was extremely clean. Our dog was able to stay with us, and there were none of the usual signs (stains on floors, etc) that we were in pet room. The dog walk area is much larger than other places that we've stayed.

We were also able to walk to Chili's and IHOP for meals. Sumter isn't a very walkable town, and this was a nice bonus.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank missym44
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Had an extended stay at the Candlewood Suites in Sumter SC. The hotel is close to numerous national chain restaurants (Logan's Outback, IHOP, etc) which was a plus. The staff was extremely friendly (Amanda in particular) and provided solid tips for the local area. The hotel also provides a "social" event with food, drinks, and games for those staying in the hotel Washers and dryers are on site and the wi-fi had great connectivity. Recommend

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
CandlewoodSuitesSC, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Sumter, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Mr. Dash ,

Thank you for such a positive review of our staff and facility. We work hard to make our guests more comfortable, especially those with extended stay. It makes us happy to read we were able to meet that with your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you are in the area. Once again, thank you for your wonderful compliments.

Amanda Forke