“Don't judge a restaurant from it's facade!”

Simply Southern Bistro
Ranked #3 of 133 Restaurants in Sumter
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Phone:(803) 469-8502
Columbia, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't judge a restaurant from it's facade!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My experience at SSB was wonderful. We were greeted by a spunky yet polite employee that welcomed our group. The waitress that took our order made recommendation and could also describe the contents of the dishes in detail.
The food was offered in half size and full size portions. I have not eaten at all of the restaurants in Sumter, but this is by far at the top of my list. The food was exceptional. Each member of our party enjoyed a different meal. I will go back.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Christopher H

Sumter, South Carolina
“3rd time NOT a charm...”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My first two experiences at SSB were awesome. Great food and great service. However, I believe last night the chef was off his game. Way off. Before I get into the food I would like to say our service was incredible, and our waitress was very nice. I have nothing bad to say about her service whatsoever, but the food.... yuck. We ordered hush puppies as an appetizer and they were very dark, almost burnt. It was early, maybe the oil was too hot. I don't know. I ordered the seafood platter, and my daughters ordered pasta and a burger. Their dishes were okay. Nothing really good or bad about them. My seafood platter was served with a tiny amount of fries and no lemon, cocktail or tartar sauce. First oyster I bit into I crunched on a big piece of stone. When the crab cake finally arrived it was so over seasoned and burnt on one side it was not edible. While we were dining the owner (or manager) was walking around greeting other customers and he didn't acknowledge us. We finished our meal, even ordered a to go box for my husband and when we were leaving the owner/manager was sitting up front talking to other customers. He made eye contact with us and never said a word. Not have a good night, thanks for coming, hope you enjoyed your meal... NADA! So, even though the service was great we will not be going back again. I would rather spend 85$ on a meal at another local business where our patronage is actually appreciated.

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank jamm0m
Charleston, South Carolina
“A Very Enjoyable Restaurant Experience”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Very, very good. I visited a few years back a few times and the food was delicious. Looking forward to going soon.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank NigiriEel
San Antonio, Texas
“Awesome country food!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Ate lunch here today. Delicious shrimp bisque and had a half order portion of the fried pork chop with fried okra and mashed potatoes. Outstanding! I will be back the next time I visit Sumter.

Visited February 2014
El Paso, Texas
“Outstanding Meal at a Resonable Price”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Excellent meal and sevice at a resonable price. A very nice family restaurant and a unique gem in the town of Sumter. Happy we found this place while visiting Shaw Air Force Base for a week and I am sure we will return.

• Visited November 2013