“Surprising gret value and great location.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Sumter
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I'd have to say the place gets my good review. It's a well maintained BUDGET....BUDGET hotel. I stayed for a steal. Good rooms with the typical need for bathroom updates and maybe some carpet. Pool was closed but no big deal, it's October. Check in staff was waiting up for me..LOL!! If you're just passing through or visiting family like I was, check this place out...NO BEDBUGS BTW...Clean, fresh linen and great bleach smells.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank plcarty

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My company doesn't reimburse, but for a certain amount when staying overnight so we typically go with those in the Choice Hotels Franchise. However, my stay here was nothing short of a nightmare. The first room I was placed in was BEDBUG CENTRAL! The mattress was covered in them. Once spotted, I immediately reported them and moved to another room. The next room was just as nasty and I'm pretty sure this room had them as well. Needless to say, I didn't sleep at all and I had meetings all day the next day. Basically, this was a trip from HELL. I tried not to judge upon arrival because I never would have voluntarily stayed at such a place where you enter from the outside and there's guys sitting outside smoking on coolers, but I definitely should have listened to my instincts. AND I still had to pay for my stay. Throughout college and high school I worked in the Vacation Rentals Industry in North Myrtle Beach and refunded tons of money due to a list of things, ESPECIALLY BED BUGS! Nonetheless, do yourself a favor and do not stay here!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Katie R, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear Alexis J,

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay. We appreciate all feedback as we constantly strive toward service excellence and complete guest satisfaction. Obviously, we would take a bed bug matter very seriously, and there is nothing in our past logs that suggest we have had any issue reported as you suggested. We have had an outside company come in and inspect all rooms after your complaint, and nothing was found. Again, we take the safety of our guests and the cleanliness of our rooms very seriously.

If you could please email me at Katie.Register@marriott.com providing further clarification and the details of your stay, I would truly appreciate it. We could not find anything on file in accordance with your screenname, so perhaps it is listed under a different name. Again, your help is appreciated.

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours in hospitality,

Katie.Register@marriott.com

Reviewed 17 August 2013

The room was old. The carpet was frayed. Guys sitting outside of their rooms in lounge chairs with their coolers. Not sure if this is redneck heaven or where homeless people live. Very nice staff members, but you enter your rooms from the parking lot/sidewalk, and i felt unsafe there.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Melinda A

Dear Melinda A,

It is with my sincerest apologies that we did not meet all of your expectations and it is with sadness and regret that our team was not able to sense your discontent and offer their personal service resolution. Furthermore, I do greatly appreciate your honesty and opinioned review. Unfortunately we were not given the opportunity to address your concerns while you were here.

In regards to the hotel, we stay 100% committed to continually enhancing our facilities. We recognize that there are great properties in Sumter and we are completely dedicated to frequent improvements of our facilities and amenities so that we may strive to meet and exceed every guest’s expectations. In regards to the gentleman outside of their rooms, was there a noise issue? If not, we cannot demand that guests not sit outside of their rooms. They are paying guests as well, and perhaps just wanted to get a little fresh air. We would hope that if this made a guest uncomfortable or there was a noise issue, that the staff would be notified immediately so that proper action could be taken. Complete guest satisfaction is and always has been our number one priority. We want to make sure each and every guest feels safe, comfortable, and right at home.

I hope you are able to visit us again as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back and to demonstrate our commitment to service excellence. Please contact me directly if you are planning a visit to the area again, and do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance to you.

With highest regards,

Katie.Register@marriott.com

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Nice friendly staff, reasonable breakfast, clean rooms and good beds. However this is a tired old-fashioned two story motel-type building with exterior corridors. The room I was in had a door through to the adjoining room. There must be little insulation in the door or walls as I could clearly hear the conversations in either of the two adjoining rooms.

The saving grace was the excellent free wireless Internet and its location on a major highway close to restaurants and stores.

Would I stay there again? Not if I had a choice of accommodations.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank alkonost45
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This hotel was a surprise since I didn't expect it to be so nice. I was traveling up to NJ from FL and it was my 1st nite stopover and so I arrived in the evening and left in the morning, but I would stay there again, as I was pleasantly surprised. It had a microwave and fridge and I needed that for my food I bought while traveling. This isn't the Taj Mahal, but if you are looking for something clean, comfortable and inexpensive - this is the place.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I thought this is a 3 star place, but it had Ann outside entrance? The room does not look clean, the door return is broken. There is a weird sound that make you think someone is trying your door from the outside (there isn't). But kind of creepy. Bath tub is old and slightly stained. If they say it's a 2 star hotel,I be ok with it, but not 3.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank chiontheroad
Katie R, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Ashley S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay, but regret to hear that you experienced noise issues. After looking into the matter, this is not a typical occurrence. We believe that Wikked Wings hosted a "biker" night that evening as we have not had any motorcycle groups stay at the hotel recently. We will make sure to communicate better with the restaurant in the future so that this is not a recurring issue. Thank you very much for bringing it to our attention. 100% guest satisfaction is our number one priority. We hope you enjoy your time in Sumter, SC! Thanks for choosing the Quality Inn!

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 22 December 2012

Not too keen in staying at this place again because the entrances (corriders) were from the outside and inside the hotel suite. We were placed near the back parking area where the traffic was high (loud) esp during weekends by the partygoers. Since the door entrance led you right to the outside, you can smell the cigarette smoke periodically. I'm sure if our hotel room was near the lobby, it would have been or if we were placed near older folks.

Would I stay here again, we would need to stay closer to the lobby.... (the room itself was clean and well-maintained).

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family