“greatlocation”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Sumter
home
“greatlocation”
Reviewed 10 October 2008

holidayinnexpress in sumter is great.
everything you would want in a great hotel.
clean and a very friendly counter help.
resturants within walking distance.chilis,outback,applebees etc.

1 Thank travelingbuddy034

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Chester, VA
Reviewed 3 December 2007

This is a great hotel comparable to some of the nicer hotel chains (e.g., Westin). The room was large (two queens) and very clean with nice mattresses, different firmness pillows, small but modern bathroom (with curved rod and plush towels). The breakfast was very nice too - a bit higher quality than the regular breakfast buffet. Only 2 downside - 1) the hotel is 15 miles from I95 (not the most convenient stop on the way to Florida) and 2) the curtains didn't close (the sheer white ones did, but not the thicker one) and we could see lights from the parking lot. Otherwise, I'd definitely stay here again.

• Liked — clean & very comfortable room
  • Disliked — location - too far from I95
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Love2TravelVA
Columbia, SC
Reviewed 21 June 2007

I chose this location based on other reviews on TripAdvisor.com. I am really glad I did. Despite the front desk assistant during check-in (she was very aloof), I was more than pleased with our stay. The lobby area was lovely and looked newly renovated. We were in room 107. The room was clean and didn't have the "hotel odor". It was very quiet also. I was pleasantly surprised by the mini refrigerator and microwave in our room. Very nice!

Beds were comfortable with plenty of blankets and pillows in various types (firm, soft, etc.). The A/C was a window unit, but it worked sufficiently. There wasn’t a true thermostat (cold/cool/etc.). Other than that, the room was very comfortable.

The bathroom was well stocked with essentials. Everything worked well – which I’m finding a rarity in hotels these days. There was plenty of room for two ladies to get ready for the day in the same room.

Breakfast was a little "light" on the hot stuff. I had a mini omelet fold over. But it was sufficient. Everything tasted good, but it wasn’t the best hotel breakfast I’ve ever had.

Overall, it was a very good experience. I liked the added bonus of being able to walk next door to Outback for dinner. There was even a little bridge built to make access even easier. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Liked — Cleanliness of room
  • Disliked — Unfriendly staff at check-in
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank luv2travelSC
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 June 2006

This hotel is Luxury compared to some others in Sumter. It is a new hotel. We had a King Suite and it was very spacious. Hotel was clean and the staff friendly. Continental breakfast included coffee, juice, cereals, bagels, waffles, fruits, yogurts, eggs, sausage and biscuits. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here although I thought the price was a bit on the high side.

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 January 2006

I've stayed at most of the hotels in Sumter, SC. I am happy to say that I enjoyed every minute I spent in Holiday Inn Express. It is one of the newest hotels in Sumter and more than lives up to the Holiday Inn name. The front desk staff is pleasant and knowledgeable about the area and its events, restaurants, shops, eateries, etc. They are upbeat and alert on every shift. The rooms are to die for. I mean they are spacious, tastefully decorated, really clean and so very cozy. The bathrooms are big and luxurious as are the towels and cloths. The closets are compact yet roomy. There is ample space in the room for guests to linger and not feel as though they are cramping your style. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there and kept extending it for one more night. My then 4 yr.old son and 15 year old daughter did not want to check out either. Holiday Inn Express offers a delicious and deluxe continental breakfast. There are also comfortable and relaxing conference rooms. The hotel is great for business travelers also because of the accessible computers, fax machines, and work out stations. When I go back home, there is no question as to where we will be staying!

• Stayed August 2005