“WILL BE BACK!”

Travelers Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Sumter
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Great Location. Clean pool compared to the higher end one that we stayed at that was full of algae. Kids loved the Belgian waffles. Honest staff, we also left a valuable item in room after check out and they called us to let us know.

Room Tip: call them direct
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Starstruck_11

Reviewed 26 May 2011

The Front desk clerks were very polite and knowledgeable, although the rooms do not have modern t.vs. they are clean and comfortable, the location was perfect for my visit with family members and the complimentary breakfast was great really enjoyed the waffles.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rebee47
Reviewed 14 November 2009

Pretty standard room but with poor furniture set-up. Worn condition. Filthy rug. Sheets and towels really worn passed useful life. Sheets didn't fit bed. One worn towel per person. No towel rack. No blanket/coverlet. Soiled bedspread was only cover. We had made 3 night reservation and planned to leave if we found another pet-friendly place. It was midnight when I found the bottom sheet on my bed was ripped and their were blood stains on the top sheet. Check out the pictures for yourself: ripped sheet; blood stained top sheet; paper thin bottom sheet with shrunk pillow cases; dirty corners; worn, filthy rug between beds; bug on a rug

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2009

Thread bare sheets with old cigarette burns in them and pillowcases splitting at the seams.
No fitted sheet on the bed just a flat sheet that wouldnt stay in place on the mattress.
Bedding smelled clean, but ready to be rags.
Mattress had a huge stain we saw upon checkout, it didnt even appear to have been attempted to cleaned off. Looked like dried blood, (Im no CSI, but thats what it looked like to me).
The staff was nice but only comment they had was they were sorry we didnt enjoy our stay.
I have had other hotel ask what they could do to make us more happy with the visit, but not here, they were just sorry.
I would only stay here again if the homeless shelter was full or closed.
Very dumpy joint, would not recommend!!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2008

I stayed at the hotel in Nov. 2007 and from the moment I entered the door the staff welcomed me. Check in was fast, they explained where all the amentities where and even let me check out at noon with no additional cost. The hotel is located in the center of Sumter making it easy for me to go from place to place. When I needed directions the staff printed out directions for me so that I wouldn't get lost. I would recommend this place to anyone. Even though it is not a "high price franchise" they go above and beyond what I paid for.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank anitagiraffe