“This is a Ramada?”

Econo Lodge Sumter
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Sumter
“This is a Ramada?”
Reviewed 23 March 2006

This is a franchisee for Ramada. Very run down place, leaves in the unheated outdoor pool, tiniest bathroom in the world, room was kind of smelly, cracks in pavement, torn carpets in and out, cheap linens. The friendly staff does their best and the room was clean, but so shabby. The breakfast buffet was nice -- the standard waffles, eggs, donuts, cereals. This is not what i think of when I hear "Ramada Hotel." Next time I will stay in the west end of town -- this place is in a rundown abandoned-feeling neighborhood.

• Stayed March 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Keys S, Manager at Econo Lodge Sumter, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
This is not a Ramada Inn. It is now an Econo Lodge by Choice Hotels and was purchased in late 2011 by the current owner and LLC. We were not reponsible for the hotel condition prior to that date. The hotel is much improved and we are constantly working on updates.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 January 2006

I recently went to Sumter for my son's wedding and stayed at this hotel. The bathroom is so small that you can barely turn around in it and if there are more than yourself and a husband/wife, there was no privacy between the bedroom and dressing room and the bath is to small to dress in. Pubic hairs were all over the sheets. Our room was paid in advance and we didn't stay forfeiting our money by going in town a little further to stay at much nicer, cleaner, satisfaction guaranteed hotel. Where not only the food was good so was the atmosphere. This place does not get my vote and since the hotel was booked on Priceline I also advised them of the hotel in hopes that they may take them off their list.

• Stayed October 2005
4 Thank Jody T
This hotel was purchased by a new owner and LLC in the latter part of 2011. We were not responsible for the condition of this property prior to that date. It is now an Econo Lodge by Choice Hotels and much improved with the owner constantly adding upgrades.

Travellers are raving about these Sumter hotels

Reviewed 13 June 2005

Whenever I go home to Sumter, I stay at a hotel. I tried the Ramada for Mother's Day weekend. I travel with my toddler son. I found the rooms to be dank and dreary. I didn't appreciate being able to see the mice/rat traps. I would have appreciated the warning. I felt like a prisoner or like I was in great danger due to the constant police presence. Whatever chemicals they use to for laundry, caused me to itch. I had to ask a relative to lend me some of their sheets. They advertise room service, but the hours for it are inconvenient. I didn't try the breakfast buffet so I certainly didn't get my money's worth. Thank goodness there is so much more to Sumter, SC! But Ramada Inn isn't getting any more of my business unless they clean up their business.

• Stayed May 2004
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
This hotel was purchased by a new owner and LLC the latter part of 2011. We were not responsible for the condition of the hotel prior to that date. It is now an Econo Lodge by Choice Hotels and very much improved with the management staff working hard to continuously offer upgrades.
Reviewed 29 June 2003

I live in the Nashville area but go home regularly to Sumter to visit my mom.

We always stay at the Ramada because of the friendly atmosphere and great cooking.

There is a full hot breakfast - eggs, grits, bacon, sausage, do-it-yourself waffles and other good stuff - included in your room rate.

Added to that, at lunch and dinner, there's a delicious buffet dinner featuring home-style Southern cooking, if you choose to eat at the motel.

SC's native palmetto trees, other shrubs, birds, a brick fence with wrought-iron gates, all add to the ambiance.

The rooms may not be the greatest you ever saw, but the atmosphere and the great food makes up for it.

Thanks, owner/mgr JC Eldredge and staff!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member