Channel Marker Condos
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$135
US$105
HolidayInn.com
US$67
Quality Inn(Surfside Beach)
US$101
QualityInn
Surfside Beach Oceanfront Hotel(Surfside Beach)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$111
Plantation Resort(Surfside Beach)
US$126
US$95
New Astro Motel(Myrtle Beach)
US$67
Hotwire.com
Myrtle Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
US$78
  • Pool
US$96
  • Beachfront
Waters Edge Resort(Garden City Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthese condosmyrtle beachhurricanewindsweptrepairunitocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2011

My family and I recently stayed in condo #103 (this IS NOT the same condo, but this serves as a reflection of Surfside Realty) during August 2011. The view was outstanding and the walk to the beach was almost non-existent, it was a great location! Unfortunately, we will think twice before renting again from Surfside Reality.

As the week went by we became increasingly disappointed in the condition of the condo. The walls in one bedroom were very scratched up from what I can only presume is from furniture being moved around the room. Also in this bedroom, the valence was not strongly attached to the wall and therefore irritatingly fell numerous times. The circa 1970 rug throughout the condo is in desperate need of either being professionally cleaned or replaced. The vents were extremely dirty; all of them had an orange/brown grime covering their perimeter. The most disturbing thing we found was a putrid and grubby air filter in the AC unit. We quickly disposed of the caved-in air filter and replaced it with ones we found in the closet. The bathrooms had enough storage space and while the water pressure in both showers was very weak, the overall condition of the bathrooms were decent compared to the other rooms. Every night I fell asleep twitching my legs because of the threat of bed bugs living in the carpet. Lastly, the sliding glass door is very heavy and difficult to open and close, perhaps if it had an actual handle on the door this problem could be rectified without more fingers jammed in the door.

Additionally, we overlooked the fact that this condo lacked having a wi-fi connection. After talking to other guests by the pool (which was not cleaned or maintained during our stay).

I am very curious when the last time a manager stepped into this condo for an inspection. A quick assessment of this condo by management would clearly see that the price does not speak to the condition of the condo.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
12  Thank countryrocks86
Reviewed 18 June 2010

I cannot rave enough about the location: right on the beach about 1/2 mile from the Surfside Pier.
We stayed in Windswept 202. Big bathroom with lots of closet shelves. Flatscreen TV and cable. Horrible colors online, but not too bad in person.
My main problem was the kitchen. The refrigerator was non working when we got there. I did not really notice that fact until later the first night, when I reached in and got a surprise. I called Surfside Realty, and the lady told me to go out and buy an ice chest and ice! Not what I was expecting. Basically, they thought I did not know what I was talking about and was exaggerating the situation. We ended up using the freezer section as the 'fridge to keep our $95 worth of groceries cool until the next day. After about 6 more calls to the office, they finally send a really nice maintenance man and he declared that the 'fridge did indeed have a burned out heater which he replaced later that week. The kitchen was NOT fully furnished (did not even have a measuring cup) and the electric can opener was non-functional!
BTW - the beds are a pull-out Queen sofa and a double sized Murphy bed. Super condo layout, super pool. But bad for the Mom who's trying to keep her family fed!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank MizzGWizz
Reviewed 21 July 2008

We have stayed at this same location for many years and have stayed in various condos in the Channel Marker complex. Why most are fairly nice, they are not cleaned very well between renters. Cleaners seem to spend about 15 mins per condo, which is not nearly enough when you have a family spending a week there, especially since the condo is on the beach and there tends to be alot of sand.
Several years ago there was lost of dust and some beer cans left in the condo when we got there. This year there was LOTS of dust bunnies caked on the baseboards (we were told those are only cleaned once a year). The vacume was full of dirt (needed to be emptied).
There isn't much attention to detail when it comes to cleaning, plan on doing some of your own before you settle in.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family