“Great food; great staff”

Crabby Mike's Calabash Seafood
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: We currently open at 4 PM each day. We do not have a set closing time. We stay open as late as business dictates on a daily basis.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We really enjoyed our visit to Crabby Mike's. The staff was great and accommodating. Great selection of food (even though I would have liked a bit more seafood that wasn't fried). My husband stuffed himself with the unlimited crab legs. We decided to go back a second time at the end of our visit. The cost is a bit pricey ($35.99/pp) - and that is why I would have liked a bit more seafood selection. All in all - we preferred this location over some of the other buffet restaurants.

1  Thank Elina E
scbeachboy, Owner at Crabby Mike's Calabash Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Elina E,

Thank you for dining with us twice on your recent visit to the Myrtle Beach area. We greatly appreciate the business. We do have approximately 120 items and about 40% of them are seafood. We do our best to have a wide variety of food to accommodate the many different wishes of our guests.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Mike

Write a ReviewReviews (2,119)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just left there about 2 hrs ago....so full and ready to pop!!! With all the people outside wrapped around the building they told us 15 minutes...we ended up waiting about 15 extra minutes but it wasn’t no big deal..the only this is outside the cigarette smokers should be further away...but the food OMG AWESOME!! Wish they had hot steamed shrimp...some things need a little more seasoning (salt) ...I know why they don’t add to much salt so everyone can eat without things be toooooooo salty....mussels were swimming in butter...but other than that awesome awesome place!!!!! 2 people 2 drinks 87 worth it!! I’ll be back

2  Thank Shanell J
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place has a lot of choices on the buffet. The food was okay. Some items were great. The shrimp were good. Some items were not hot enough. We went at a peak time, so that was not the reason. Be warned, it is 50.00 a person including a soft drink and tip. I don't eat crab legs, or some of the more expensive items on the buffet, so I don't think it was worth it. The deserts were horible, at least the ones I tried to eat. The worst key lime pie that I have tried to eat.we could not eat more than a taste of any of the deserts. I went there 7 years ago, aND now remember why I wasn't a fan then. I wouldn't go there again, there are many better choices in surfside. Also this place stinks when you come in. Smells like a bait box.I know it is seafood, but nowhere else does it smell like this place.

scbeachboy, Owner at Crabby Mike's Calabash Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I am glad you liked the seafood but I am sorry you did not care for the desserts. I was really surprised about your comment on the keylime pie because that is one of the most complimented pies on the bar. The price is nor cheap but neither are the food items we purchase to prepare for the buffet. We are in line with our competitors and cheaper than some. All food items have increased in price continuously over the past few years, as I am sure you have seen in the grocery store when you shop. We have chosen not to reduce the quality of our food by getting cheaper products. We spend an enormous amount of time sourcing all of our food products to ensure we are getting the best available quality for our customers. We are not an "out of the can" buffet. I have an Executive Chef, Sous Chefs and Pastry Chefs preparing all of out food from scratch daily. I hope you will come back in the future.
Take care,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We saw the billboard on the way to Mrytle Beach so we thought we would check it out. If you like seafood, this is the place to go! It was very good. Huge variety! Go early. Web site says that they open at 4 but they actually opened a little earlier than that. We got there at 415 and waited about 30 min for a table. When we left, there were people standing all over outside waiting for tables. Would definitely go back.

2  Thank Kacey H

Kacey H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a five star review. We are glad that you saw our billboard and decided to give us a try. We just started opening at 3:30 PM for the summer. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Myrtle Beach area.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

This place was a hit. So much to choose from. Crab legs, broil shrimp, ribs, cornbread broiled fish and fried fish. The list goessssss long. Everything was tasteful. Rich the waiter was amazing. Never had to ask for fresh plates for my multiple trips to the buffet and always had a full glass on the table. I know there’s a lot of Calabash seafood spots. This one is a MUST!

3  Thank VacayansStay
scbeachboy, Owner at Crabby Mike's Calabash Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

VacayansStay,

We will make sure to let Rich know that you left a five star review for him and the restaurant. Rich does a great job making his guests feel welcome here at Crabby Mike's Seafood.
Our kitchen staff members work extremely hard providing quality food that is hot and fresh. We look forward to seeing you on during your next visit to the Myrtle Beach area.

Have a great day,