Rodeway Inn Surfside Beach
Plantation Resort(Surfside Beach)
Quality Inn(Surfside Beach)
  • Pool
Great 4.5/5
Royal Garden Resort(Garden City Beach)
Very Good 4/5
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Garden City Inn(Murrells Inlet)
Good 3.5/5
Waters Edge Resort(Garden City Beach)
Good 3.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Not sure why all the hate especially from the person below me who stayed in June 2011 but reviewed it in November 2013. We got this room during thanksgiving week after driving for 30-40 mins trying to find a place to stay, apparently all motels in the area close their office early in the winter. This Rode way Inn was open around 2am and the guy at the desk was polite and cracking jokes, made us feel like we were old friends. Price was real cheap which was a plus. The room was clean and the heat was already running when we entered, another big plus shows they got common sense to have a few rooms heat running for the potential customers. They had the standard microwave but also noticed a big fridge and stoves. Pretty good stuff for the price we paid. They got a Pizza Hut, Subway, Chinese beside them but def check out the pancake house right door. Overall the motel was a great place at a great price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nanu0789
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here in June 2011. The absolute worst hotel we ever stayed at. Asked for a wake up call and the person on duty overslept. Free "breakfast" consisted of a box of cereal, milk from a 1/2 gal jug, a juice box and a cellphone wrapped muffin. There is no breakfast area. There was no housekeeping service and you had to ask for clean towels. The room was far from clean. After staying here, we decided to avoid all Choice Hotels

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Richard O
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

When me and my fiancee booked this room it said it was a hotel, it is not a hotel it's a motel. When we arrived they were pushing their sheets and towels around in what looked like a rusty Walmart cart. We checked out the room and the bathtub and toilet had mold in them, the sheets were a yellowish color, and the carpet was sticky. The two girls that worked there and showed us our room spoke little english.The pool wasn't open and it was the size of a jacuzzi, the manager told us it was a five minute walk to the beach it's not its about a 15-20 minute walk. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Thank god we got our money back and got a way nicer hotel because there was no way we were staying there.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Dani_lamexicana
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Booked this room for our 4th of July Weekend getaway. We read the reviews on here and were skeptical about this place, but since it was hard finding a room in the Myrtle Beach area we decided to give it a go. Aside from the long line outside the office lobby (which was expected this time of the year) the staff was awesome! The room was great and clean, you can tell they have done some renovations here, one of the few places I've seen a cook-top stoves, full-sized fridge and microwave. Glad we found this gem, definitely will return!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stacy D
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We normally don't come to the Myrtle Beach area this time of the year due to price for everything in the summer, but my kids wanted to go to the beach and I thought as a graduation present to them we would. It turned out to be a good decision. We booked this room online and were aware of the pool being under construction. When we arrived , we were greeted by a nice man who was more than happy to show us our room before we even paid for it. This in itself made me feel comfortable that there are not here to scam us like a lot of motel/hotels are once you book a room. He showed us our room on the 2nd floor, and we asked if we could get a room on the 1st floor due to me having trouble going up and down stairs, the Manager was more than happy to upgrade us to the 1st floor with a jetted jacuzzi tub (BIG PLUS!) My kids loved it and used it for the entire time we were there. I read the reviews on here, and I was a little nervous at first but my entire stay has been nothing but wonderful. The location is excellent with resturants and the beach all in walking distance. Can't wait to come back again and check out the pool thats being put in, it looks AMAZING!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family