“Will definitely go back!”
Review of Plantation Resort

Plantation Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Surfside Beach
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at Plantation Resort in Surfside Beach from April 14- 21. I went with my pregnant wife and six year old daughter along with another couple with 3 kids ages 7, 22 months, and a baby. I traded 2 of my weeks through RCI. I gave the 3 bedroom to my friend because he needed the room more than I did. We both had a really good time there.

My 6 year old daughter was born as a mermaid so we spent a lot of time in the pools. There are 3 pools on site with one of them openning around the clock. There is a kiddie pools with bucket drops and a lazy river, the kids had lots of fun.

The resort also have 3 buses that make trips to one of the local beaches every hour. The resort also had Wi-Fi connection throughout the whole resort, even in the outside pools. I had my iPad and I was able to connect everywhere.

We will definitely return here again.

Room Tip: There were no room service.
5  Thank Tony J

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I have to say that as an owner of other beach rentals and a frequent traveler, I found Plantation Resort to be a great value, with clean, secure facilities, plenty of parking, and good access to other areas of the Grand Strand. We had our kids/grandchildren and the room we had was as comfortable as my three bedroom house on Tybee Island. LOTS of privacy, not bumping into one another! I am so sorry that other people have been disappointed, but I suppose if one is expecting PARADISE ISLAND-style, then they would not appreciate the family friendly atmosphere. Though, not on the beach, there is a reliable shuttle that everyone raved about, especially because they didn't have to move their cars. Another plus, you get to park in front of your unit, unlike many of the other Grand Strand condos, making the baggage issue a little easier! So, in closing this is a wonderful vacation value for a family getaway, which includes pools, lazy river and exercise room within a short walk from your unit! Have fun!

Room Tip: The second floor units with loft bedroom are great for the children! Two DOUBLE beds!
1  Thank elleTybeeIsland
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed here for a few days and was exaxtly what we expected. We had a studio which included fridge, microwave and hotplate. Room was not overly large but met our needs.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Skogeys
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We traveled cross-country to see the ocean & it's always a gamble to pick a resort based on their web page. Plantation Resort did not disappoint. Staff was friendly, grounds are beautifully maintained, unit was pleasant and comfortable. We had a 2BR upper in the Presidential Village (237-B). Only problem is the adjoining room that can either be a used as a 3rd BR or a hotel room is connected by a single door with a large gap at the bottom. So you can hear everything going on with your neighbors. We were able to retreat to the bedrooms in the evening to watch tv and avoid the next door noise. The amenities are many: indoor/outdoor pools, kiddie waterpark, rec center with planned activities, shuttle to/from nearby beach (which is also beautifully maintained).

Room Tip: Choose upper to minimize seeing a palmetto bug.
3  Thank midwestmomtv
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Our family of four spent the kids Easter break at Plantation Resort. We booked our stay only 2-3 months prior to our trip and this was the only timeshare available thru RCI at the time - boy are we glad that we didn't let all of the negative reviews scare us away.

In defense of those who state "it is not a 'Gold Crown' resort", this property does not compare to some of the modern, larger properties we have booked thru RCI - but, this property can boast about having very courteous & friendly staff and family-focused activities and facilities. These things are all part of the resort making the Gold Crown ranking.

The resort is located a few miles south of Myrtle Beach, which is great (in my opinion) so that you can avoid some of the traffic and chaos that exists in MB or around some of the more touristy areas. It is a short drive to the oceanfront of Surfside Beach, and the Resort provides shuttle buses to take guests to and from the beach. You could also use these shuttles to get around the property (such as to the pool or fitness center) if you are not able to walk around. The resort is a short distance from the Highway 17 Bypass, so you can easily head up to the popular attractions of MB from the Resort.

Room Tip: Most of the units are only 2 levels high, but a few are 3 levels. We recommend you book on top floo...
4  Thank CowboysFanInMD
Reviewed 3 January 2012

on 12/24/11, we arrived at this resort. and it is above and beyond my expectations. the people were very professional and we were a party of 16 and we reserved (2) 3 bedroom condos with plenty of room to spare, duplex condos, this place is an excellent resort and I hope this review helps others to see that it is a 5 star resort. I will cherish the memories of staying in this resort forever.

Room Tip: a 3 bedroom condo has an upstairs with 3 full bathrooms, dishes, utensils, dish soap, laundry soap...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank 307shopgirl61
Reviewed 2 January 2012

The reviews worried me at first but honestly I was shocked to find the place was nicer than expected. The employees were so nice and helpful. The villa was newly renovated. The security was a plus. Everything was clean. The pool and fitness area was nice and many activities for the kids. Don't listen to the bad ratings.

• Stayed: December 2011
#4 of 5 in Surfside Beach
Myrtle Beach Resort
Myrtle Beach Resort
#68 of 207 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!