“It's hard to write this review, but I expected better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Dickey's Barbecue Pit - CLOSED

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Cuisines: Barbecue, Fast food
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
“It's hard to write this review, but I expected better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The staff I have encountered have always been pleasant & helpful. The restaurant is located in a good location and it's not too difficult to get into & out of the parking lot. The food is almost always great! The portions of meat are huge!! On this visit, however, I got potato salad that was gross. The texture wasn't right & it was not the right temperature. I only ate two bites of it before tossing it. I recommend the beef brisket with the sweet bbq sauce. The reason I gave this restaurant an average rating is due to the cleanliness. On this visit I almost left before my food was ready. Dishes were piled up at the trash cans, there were abandoned cups sitting in odd places in the dining area and in the parking lot. The floor was extremely dirty as if it had not been swept in days. The time of my visit was probably around 2:30 pm. They were not busy and in my opinion someone should have been tasked with sweeping and tidying the dining area. I was very disappointed and feel like this has affected my opinion of the restaurant. Dickie's has been a favorite of mine since I first ate at their Nashville location many years ago in Opry Mills Mall. I hope that they can get a grip on this before it's too late. No one likes to eat in a dirty dining area. Not sure we will visit again.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Morgan B

Greenville, South Carolina
“Ribs hardly available..............Need to improve service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

If you come to this place and you want ribs, you need to come super early or go somewhere else. They are always running out of ribs too early in the day. Three times I've gone there in the afternoon to have ribs and they've told me they're out. Employees were not apologetic for that inconvenience nor seemed to want to accommodate me for it. I finally made up my mind to just go to some other barbecue place(many others to choose from) if I want ribs.

• Visited May 2014
“"Very Good"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Food is great and the staff is very nice and great deals! Worth every penny! I will be coming back soon.

Greenville, South Carolina, USA
“Biggest BBQ sandwich ever, terrific slaw”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Dickey's runs some of the best deals, and the food is fab! We can get a BBQ sandwich as a plate (2 sides included) and split it between the two of us and have plenty of food. Their cole slaw is one of the best we've ever had, and the baked potato casserole is another terrific side. The free ice cream included with the meal tops off the meal just right. Can't be beat!

Visited October 2013