“Great course, great people”
Review of Tega Cay Golf Club

Tega Cay Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Tega Cay
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I am lucky enough to be a member and live on the course, but if you are in the area on travel you are welcome and encouraged to come play this great, public course. We are blessed with a terrific staff, both in the golf shop and on the F&B side. This course will definitely test your game management skills, and you'll be rewarded along the way with great views and more elevation changes than you'll see on most courses in the area.

There are newer reviews for Tega Cay Golf Club

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Even after the bad winter in this area the course was in pretty good shape. The greens were in very good condition. The pace was very good playing in just under 3.5 hours even with cart path only in place. Being from Florida I enjoyed the elevation changes.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Played Tega Cay Golf Club on Friday! It was in great shape! The fairways are still green and tightly mowed! The greens were very true and fast and the course has more elevation change than any course I have played in the Charlotte area!

The course features a wide variety of holes requiring you to use all the clubs in your bag!
If you want to play something different with some huge elevation changes and dramatic views try Tega Cay!

I strongly suggest this golf course because the course is fun in perfect shape and like nothing I have seen or played in Charlotte. Give Tega Cay a try and I think you will enjoy it too!

1  Thank Tom C
Reviewed 11 July 2013

The course lost their greens a few years ago and did a major green renovation which is why I did not give it 2 stars. It is a nice layout, but just far too many houses and very close houses on the course. The practice facility is an absolute waste except to get loose swinging a club. The range balls land about 100 below where you are standing, so there is no way to gauge your distance of irons.....and it is incredibly dangerous becuase there is no divider from the landing are and the 10th fairway, so you can stand on the 10th fairway and have balls flying over your head and landing all around you. Just not great.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

We were traveling through the area as we headed to GA- we met up with a college friend of my husband's at the clubhouse restaurant for dinner. WONDERFUL food in a BEAUTIFUL setting! I had the French dip sandwich with fries and it was fantastic! My husband had a burger with an egg on it (forget the name from the menu) and fries- he enjoyed his meal. Great kids menu- and kids eat free! If we lived in the area we'd be regulars for sure!