“Great Food & Charming, Friendly Atmosphere!”
Review of Hungry Drover

Hungry Drover
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Description: We are open Monday through Friday for breakfast and lunch;7:30 am to 2:00 pm. Friday night dinner,5:00-7:30 pm We serve Southern, American, farm fresh meals. We have local art and crafts, offer classes once or twice a month and vend/ cater also.
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Wonderful little gem out in the country! The food is down home good and the atmosphere is friendly and inviting! The BBQ, potato salad, cole slaw, baked beans and mac & cheese are delicious! Can't wait to try the tomato pie next time!

1  Thank Liz C

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The Hungry Drover is located in an old country store where Tigerville Rd. crosses Hwy. 290. It is open for breakfast and lunch and on Fridays, it is open for dinner. Be sure to check their Facebook page, The Hungry Drover, for the latest schedule updates and menu offerings. From time to time, the Drover offers a special menu and a craft or art class of some kind. This sort of thing will also be posted on the Facebook page.

The restaurant atmosphere is country casual. Seating is limited to the inside and seats fill up quickly. There is one restroom and I have found it clean. There are a couple of steps you must climb to go in through the front door so if you need assistance, be sure to bring a helper. The parking lot is partially paved and mostly dirt with a little gravel. Once inside, everything is on one level.

There are lots of good cakes, cinnamon rolls, and breads available (no Gluten Free options that I have seen, though) as well as salads, sandwiches, bbq,and tomato pie. The restaurant also sells farm fresh eggs, butter, and bacon as well as handicrafts from local area artisans. I recommend the Hillbilly Salad, the Cuban sandwich, and the pimento cheese. I haven't tried the cinnamon rolls but they look scrumptious.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I love this place. John and his staff are awesome!. Clair, the hostess is a darling. I eat breakfast, and lunch every time I go up to Travelers Rest from Rock Hill SC to visit my friend. As most reviews state, if your late for breakfast you might find that they have sold out of hash brown casserole. If you are a late riser it would be wise to call your order in for pick-up. I’ve ate allot of BBQ in my day and I got to say John's BBQ ROCKS ! Always fresh ! Everything I have ordered has been top notch. Great country atmosphere plus local arts and crafts to check out while your waiting on your food. John, don’t change a thing.
Best Regards,
Dan Roland

Reviewed 22 March 2014

The Hungry Drover is a no-frills, country restaurant in an old store building out in the middle of nowhere. Friendly staff and great food. Everything is done perfectly. Limited hours of operation. (Closed Sundays and Mondays.) The breakfast selection is wide and fully inclusive from eggs cooked exactly as ordered to home-made sweet rolls and biscuits. The hash-brown casserole is unique and scrumptious. Evening is a set menu - changes each day when open. Well worth the drive out from Greenville or Greer.

4  Thank JPMcGuire
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

John's BBQ is great, we like getting a pound of it and taking it home for lunch. Feeds my family of five and pleases them all!

1  Thank 6656mine