“Don't miss the burgers!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 28 Restaurants in Union
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Sumter, South Carolina
“Don't miss the burgers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

I have been to Shadys a few times in the past five years but have never written a review. I was there two times last week, so I thought I would share my observations.
Shady's is located in a strip mall on Duncan Bypass and at first glance sort of blends into the mall without much fanfare. I like the fact that they are down the mall from a Bailbondsman and an all you can eat Chinese Buffet.
During my last visit, I decided to try the double cheeseburger. It arrived at my table still very hot, right off the griddle and was at least 4" tall. The juicy burger was accompanied by hand cut fries, which are so much better than frozen. My waitress said the burger would definitley fill me up as her husband, who was about my size, could barely finish it. The big bartender at the bar looked liked he had a nealthy appetite, so I figured I would be full on completion. She was right, after two Yuenglings and the fries, I was stuffed. If you like burgers, check out Shady's.
Then the next day I was telling some folks about the burgers and they convinced me to return to Shady's for lunch. Instead of ordering an awesome hamburger, I got the Rooster sandwich as a compromise to prevent my cholesterol from rising 1000 points. The Chicken sandwich was also very good with mushrooms and cheese adding to the delicious grilled chicken breast. Of course, I had to get the hand cut french fries and they were good again. Two people in my party got the burgers, and of course, loved them. The fourth ordered a salad and if you are into salads it looked very tasty.
Shady's is not a fancy place but you feel comfortable there dressed up or dressed down. I saw a couple of families having dinner nearby, so you can take the kids. The people who run it are nice and put out a quality product. If you get in trouble there is a bailbondsman nearby. Give them a try if you are in Union, you won't regret it.

• Visited August 2012

Duncan, South Carolina
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

Great food, friendly folk's nice atmosphere, the grill chicken sandwich are the BOMB!!

• Visited June 2012
Union, South Carolina
“The right place for Buffalo Wings and Chips!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

The name seems like a dive however, it's a great place for a bucket of brew and awesome Buffalo Wings! The House Salad was huge and not skimpy on the toppings!

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The name says it all, but don't be too taken back, they do have a mean burger and awesome buffalo chips!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2008