“Needs new help!!!”
Review of Quality Inn Union

Quality Inn Union
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Union
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Reserved two rooms way in advance, 1 King with a futon and 1 double both non smoking . when we arrived the desk clerk was seated in the lobby with her child, she didn't even bother to greet us. After 10 minutes she goes behind the desk and simply says "sorry". She checked us in and then we find out that there is no elevator so you must carry your bags up stairs. Not good being that I'm a heavy packer. When I finally get to the room it smells horribly like cigarettes and there is no futon for my child to sleep on. The front desk clerk said sorry those are not guaranteed and that she couldn't do anything for us to take that up with corporate. Don't waste your money here!

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Love2writereviews

Reviewed 24 March 2013

This hotel, after greeting the friendly staff, provided immediate safety concerns, mostly for women, if one is traveling alone. The building has only two floors but do not have an elevator. The only access to the second floor is through the emergency stairwell, which is enclosed and on opposite ends of the property. There are not any cameras mounted in the stairwells. Once on the floor, the hallway was dimly lit with the only escape exit being the other entrance. I passed several men on the hallway, who were all too friendly. With this being Union, SC, this was the highest rating hotel, so I chose this one.

Once entering the room, it was dated but very clean and smelled fresh. I went back downstairs to request a first floor room but they were sold out. Although the first floor was dimly lit as well, it was close to the front desk and would have been the better choice.

Upon returning to the room later that evening, I encountered two very intoxicated males on the stairway, which I ignored their greetings and yet another male once I made it to the hallway, also inebriated. Safety is definitely an issue.

I would stay at this hotel again but only with my spouse an on a first floor room as cleanliness nor customer service was not the concern here, only safety

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Tcra88
Reviewed 30 November 2012

None of the equipment in exercise room actually work. It would be a good idea to have smoking rooms on end of hall so none smokers won't have to smell smoke. The staff if really nice. Not many choices in union though. I stay there many times a month there for work.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank J Charles P
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I have stayed at the Quality Inn a couple of times in the past few years and have never posted a review, so I decided to do one now.
During my most recent stay, I realized that the hotel itself is good but the folks who work there are exceptional. Every employee I had contact with was more than helpful in assisting me in my needs. They were pleasant and courteous and always geninuinely happy to help. I was especially impressed with Brandi, who was at the front desk. She was able to assist me in a couple of things and made my stay much more enjoyable. Also, Shannon was excellent in making sure all the reservation stuff was in order and awaiting my arrival. The folks that cleaned the rooms and the breakfast helpers were equally good and made this stay excellent.
Of course, the rooms are clean and in good repair. The lack of an elevator may deter some folks but I didn't mind the stairs. I have spoken to several other folks in my party and they also seemed happy with the accomodations. I guess I should summarize by saying if you stay at the Quality Inn Union, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Well, the options in Union are few and far between. We saw a Motel 6, a Days Inn, and some other small motels that did not at all look appealing. The Quality Inn appeared to be the only hotel/motel that had the door to your room opening to an indoor hallway rather than directly outside like a traditional motel.

This hotel is definitely not on the level of a Courtyard Marriott or even a Hampton Inn, but the rooms were clean and the service was friendly. The towels and washcloths were thin and the rooms felt dated, but it was survivable for a weekend.

There is a Super Wal-Mart, CVS drugstore, and two grocery stores within a mile of the hotel. There is also a pizza hut and plenty of other fast food restaurants as well.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Worldwideballer
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Although this is an older property, the Inn is in the process of remodeling. The personnel couldn't be nicer and more helpful. I left my favorite pillow and they had it waiting for me when I returned. The bed was very comfortable and I got a great nights sleep. The room was clean and we had plenty of bath linens. The hair dryer was so good that I plan to go out and buy one just like it. This is the second time that we have stayed here and I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Evelyn M
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Small town hotel, the best staff I've ever had to deal with! Room was screwed up and they immediately corrected. Room not ready, but finished before we returned. Rooms clean and served the purpose. Breakfast just enough to hold you over.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ktmNc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Union
Quality Inn Clinton
#2 of 5 in Union
The Night Inn
The Night Inn
#1 of 5 in Union

Been to Quality Inn Union? Share your experiences!