“Poorly run!”

Motel 6
Motel 6
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Walterboro
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We booked a reservation with this motel and when we arrived at 2AM on Dec.23rd (after driving for about 20 hours), the man said they had no record of our reservation. We booked through hotels.com and I called hotels.com and they confirmed that it was reserved. The man said there was no vacancy! They obviously gave our room away to someone else!! The man never apologized and was unprofessional.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 December 2012

We arrived about 1am and the graciously were able to get my family of 3 plus two small dogs a room. The man at the service desk was friendly and efficient. It was about 61.00 for one night. Upon entering the room, it seemed decently clean. Definitely worn and needing some up-to-dating but great if your looking to rest your head for a single night. Dbl beds, refrigerator, tv, microwave and small office desk along with love seat and coffee table were all apart of what was in my room. The bathroom was clean but shower was stained. They offered two small packets of shampoo and two small bars of soap. Overall, average room, I give a 2.5 star rating. Offers continental breakfast from 6-9am and is located right off I-95.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2012

The place is pretty run down. It's very out dated! The shower made a screeching sound which was so annoying. The bed was TERRIBLE!!! The blankets had holes in them and I was scared of sleeping under them. When we woke up in the morning, we were in so much pain form the bed. Find some place else to stay if you can.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Jeter1fan89
Reviewed 28 May 2012

HORRIBLE. Looks cute from the outside. Crummy though. Toilet had urine on it. bag in trash can was emptied but had nasty residue in it. I wish I could rate it a zero. Pillows were less than an inch thick. CRAPPY HOTEL.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 935lisas
Reviewed 5 December 2011

What do you expect for $35 a night right off I-95? This place.
The good: Clean sheets, hot water, quiet a/c, fridge & microwave in room, free wireless internet
The bad: EVERYTHING else!
Breakfast was non existant. Place is dirty overall.
I'd skip it next time.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank bleweyz39
Reviewed 14 October 2010

this was a pretty rundown place.We had 3 little flat pillows.I went and asked if I could have another one the clerk was very unfriendly and said no because housekeeping wasnt there, I was wandering if they were ever there!The shower made a screeching sound.We saw a couple of bugs.The "maximum breakfast" is a joke.Its donuts and muffins and some cereal.The clerk the next morning was wearing her pajamas,I think they live there. I guess the only bright side is that its 35 dollars but I think Id throw another 10 or 20 and go elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nailitoff
Reviewed 3 April 2010

There was someone else's hair on the pillows. Room not clean. We were told there would be breakfast at 6am and there wasn't any food out at 6am. Very cheap but would never stay again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends