“Great motel for the cost”

Econo Lodge Walterboro
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Walterboro
Port Jefferson, New York
“Great motel for the cost”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed here overnight on the way to Charleston S.C. For the money, this might have been the best motel I have ever frequented. The room was clean and roomy and the bed was quite comfortable. The television and wifi reception could have been better. Econo Lodges can be all over the map as far as quality is concerned - this was far and away the best one I have ever been at. Couldn't recommend this hotel more strongly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
carolyn c, General Manager at Econo Lodge Walterboro, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear JSVINDA,
Thanks for the great review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us and others know of your experience at the Econo Lodge. We hope to see you in the near future. Safe Travels!

Carolyn Caulder

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Hyde Park, New York
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed here 4 days and on the plus side, there were three choices of where to eat breakfast, a clean good sized room and comfortable enough bed. On the downside however, TV reception was poor because of the Cable provider having a problem (according to management,) so if this matters to you check and see if it’s been repaired yet. Then although interacting with the women at front desk was fine, such was not the case with their male counterpart in that, during the several interactions we had together rather then make me feel like a valued guest the man had instead, made me feel like the exact opposite. For example after a boisterous couple checked into the room beneath mine on my 2nd night there, I asked to be moved and was told it wasn’t possible, but that had I asked in the morning it’d been okay, thing is though, these people weren’t in the room then and so I had no reason to want to change rooms. Therefore, I was now triply annoyed over them being checked in underneath me when the place was basically empty at the time, for not being allowed to change rooms, especially seeing as I didn’t even ask for room service that same morning, and then having to listen to this couple for the next 5 hours while trying to watch a snowy TV. Also after extending on the 4th day, thanks to the room’s card key later failing to work when returning from taking a walk, which he programmed himself earlier that morning, upon going to the office get it corrected not only didn’t I receive so much as an apology for the mishap, but after me saying thank you, the man couldn’t even say you’re welcome. Hence the above but......and low service rating.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bruce S
carolyn c, General Manager at Econo Lodge Walterboro, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Bruce,
Thanks for taking your time to letting us know about your stay with us. Sorry for your tv troubles but the cable company was having troubles in the area. It now appears that all has been corrected. I am sorry for your troubles please accept my apologies. Have a great day and safe travels!

Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

My son and I stayed here on way to FL. I booked this one on the many reviews that said, "pleasantly surprised!."

They offer continental breakfast, but will also give coupons for discounts to places near by for a bigger and "cheap" breakfast. Rooms and beds where clean and comfortable!!! Friendly staff. I would recommend and stay here again :)

One small con, outside noise and we were downstairs, can hear walking upstairs, but it was not a deterrent.

Happy travels.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gina N
carolyn c, General Manager at Econo Lodge Walterboro, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Gina N,
I was glad to hear that you were pleased with your accommodations. Thanks for taking the time to let us know. I hope the rest of your travels are safe and happy! Come again!

Kind Regards,Carolyn Caulder
NC
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed at the Econo Lodge Sunday night on our way south. The folks at the front desk were very pleasant and courteous, and took care of a problem with the noisy ice machine just outside our room very promptly. The room was spotlessly clean, with the bed made with military precision. The only tiny nit I could pick is that the pillows are very flat, but I slept just fine nonetheless. I appreciated having different options for breakfast and enjoyed Waffle House. It was a great value and I would certainly return if I needed a room in this area again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sgwebb
carolyn c, General Manager at Econo Lodge Walterboro, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear sgwebb,
Thanks for taking your time to let us(management) and others know of your experience at the Econo Lodge. I am glad to hear that you were made comfortable and that you were pleased with your overall stay. We hope you will visit again and have safe travels.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The front desk checkin people were very rude. I told them I had a handicap person and they had no elevator and sent us to an upstairs room. No concern plus the young lady at the front desk rolled her eyes at me when I didn't understand what they were talking about. I wanted to cancel my reservation but was told I would not get my money back. $97 to get insulted and treated rudely!!! This was more like a $32 room!

Room Tip: Have more electrical outlets. We searched to find outlets to plug in medical equipment.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Pamlankford
carolyn c, General Manager at Econo Lodge Walterboro, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Pamlankford,
I am very sorry to hear of your experience at our hotel but, I am thankful that you have brought it to my attention. Upon checking into your reservation it seems that you needed a NQQ to comfortably accommodate the number of adults in your party. It is unfortunate, but our NQQ rooms are on the top floor only and you should have been informed of that when you made your reservations as well as told that there are no elevators on the premise. We do have handicapp room however it is a NK. Normally we try to move guest according to their needs but, there are times(like the night you stayed) that we are full and there is no room to accommodate. You would have been refunded by our hotel if you had chosen not to stay however, I'm not sure that your booking agent would have given you a refund. Each agengy operates alittle differently.

I will be speaking to front desk staff, as they are still in training and they should know better than to make a guest uncomfortable. Thanks for bringing these things to my attention as we strive to make guest as comfortable as possible. Once again I am sorry for your troubles.

Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We chose this hotel based on previous reviews. It was clean, the beds were comfortable, it is far enough from I-95 there is no traffic noise. The private owner cares about his guests and his property. Breakfast at the Waffle House or Shoneys is a bonus gift! This hotel is becoming popular so be sure to make reservations.

Room Tip: We have a dog and chose to stay on the ground floor. There is no elevator to the second floor. Sho...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PSR21
carolyn c, General Manager at Econo Lodge Walterboro, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear PSR21,
We are glad to know that you were able to get a good nights rest at the Econo Lodge. We appreciate your taking the time to let others know of your experience with us. Thanks for the kind words. We hope to see you again on your next trip. Safe travels!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Awesome place.
Clean and comfy beds.
Good price and military discount.
Free Waffle house breakfast include.
Good TV channels and free wifi.
Microwave and fridge.
What else can you ask for?
This is my go place every time I decide to travel south.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
carolyn c, General Manager at Econo Lodge Walterboro, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Traveller,
Thanks for the review. I am glad we were able to accommodate you on your trip. We hopeyou will be back for a visit in the near future. Safe travels! Thanks again for the recommendation.