“Outstanding Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Walterboro
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Walterboro
Reviewed 13 May 2008

Staff, room and breakfast bar were all excellent. The overnight stay was a great value for my money.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank like2travel1234

Reviewed 29 April 2008

We stayed at this very same Holiday Inn Express when it first opened, when our son moved to Walterboro. Planning our return, I was a bit skeptical, figuring that its location, so near to I95 , would cause a drop in the service and cleanliness. I'm a paranoid stickler for cleanliness, and hate hotels to begin with preferring known B&B's. We travel almost 4 months out of the year.
We walked in, were greeted by a funny and friendly clerk who paid close attention to what we needed, and accommodated us so beautifully.
The room was spotless, quiet, and spacious. Breakfast was perfect and most enjoyable.
We'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wallybob
Reviewed 16 March 2008

My family stayed here on March 13, 2008. The front desk clerk was pleasant and polite, let me pick what floor I wanted to stay on. I chose the first floor, near the side door. The room was extremely clean, like brand new, with no strange smells! The beds were perfect, comfortable sheets and a down comforter. Room had a desk with a computer style chair, really comfortable as well. Free wi-fi too. The bathroom was spotless. Soft, thick towels and plenty of space. Three setting shower head with plenty of very hot water. Free breakfast included hot biscuits and gravy, cereals, fresh baked cinnamon rolls, bananas, breads/bagels, 6 differen't coffees and juices. Eating area is extremely large with an attendant on site to refill the food as it disappears. Overall, this was the best Holiday Inn i have ever stayed at. My Government/Military rate was only $77 w/tax. If I ever decide to drive to Florida again (highly unlikely!), I would definately stay here.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank TheFiveThree
Reviewed 17 February 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while on our way to our home in Southern Florida. We enjoy Intercontinental Hotels in other places but found this property and it's management to be inferior and rude when confronted with two different issues.
We were watching TV at around 10PM when a couple entered our room with a room key. We were shocked, needless to say, as were they. We called the main desk and they matter of factly said, "I guess we gave them a room we shouldn't have." We felt this was not an appropriate response. Perhaps, "We're sorry" would have satisfied us.
At around 11:30PM a family group of about 10 people were given the room next to us and another room across the hall from us. They chose to congregate in the hall for at least 90 minutes going back and forth and slamming doors. May I add, when we check into any hotel, we always specify a "quiet room, away from the elevator and housekeeping closet." We called the main desk and told them how noisy it was and to please have their security ask these people to stay in their rooms and have consideration for other guests who were trying to sleep. No security ever came so we called the desk again to no avail.
When we checked out, we were given $10.00 off our bill which us not compensation for what we endured. Where is the claim of "satisfying the guest?" The manager would not speak to us and we were told he was "not on the premises."
When we got to our home, we emailed Holiday Inn Express and told them of our stay. We received no satisfaction and no further compensation. We travel frequently and will NEVER stay at another INTERCONTINENTAL owned property. Travelers beware.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
7  Thank howie697
Reviewed 30 August 2006

Always a fan of the Holiday Inn Express; we stayed on our return from Florida. The hotel was new and clean. Beds lovely and firm, bathroom sparkling and everyone that worked there polite and friendly and neatly dressed for work.
The breakfast area was spotless and the selection excellent, the lady watching over the area checked that we'd found everything we needed.
The a/c was efficient and quiet at the same time. We couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank NJtripper
Reviewed 11 August 2006

I was on my way to Florida to visit family while my hubby was in Iraq. We stopped here for the night.....myself and 2 children. I was so surprised with the whole place. It was a palace.
It had the most comfiy beds and the towels smelled so clean and fresh.
Smelled very nice in the room.
The breakfast bar was the bomb..........very nice.
The staff we so friendly espesialy the ladys that we working there sitting the the breakfast room.
I wont stay at any other hotels now.

Stayed: July 2006
5  Thank ammowife
Reviewed 24 July 2006

We stayed here because it was so close to our son's new home. But it was wonderful, lovely room, lobby and breakfast area are incredibly nice. New place and it still sparkles. Very close to I 95.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled as a couple