“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Walterboro
Marco Island, Florida
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed here on our drive up to NY. It is off I-95 very easy to find, I found the hotel clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good and the price of the room was reasonable. The front desk was pleasant to deal with.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank robann52
Danielle K, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walterboro, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
robann52,
Thank you very much for visiting us at the Holiday Inn Express in Walterboro, South Carolina. We appreciate the kind words about our convenient location, clean hotel and comfortable guest rooms. In addition, we are glad to hear that you were able to join us in the morning for our complimentary breakfast buffet. Thank you for recommending our great value to fellow travelers. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Holiday Inn Express Walterboro Management Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Sarasota,Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very clean well run hotel. Very comfortable rooms, quiet AC, which is a blessing to weary travelers. Close proximity to dining, and gas station so that dinner and next day departure were easy. Breakfast was very good, and the lady who ran the breakfast set up was exceptional.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
photokap,
Thank you very much for this kind review about your recent experience at our hotel in Walterboro, South Carolina. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the kind words about our clean hotel, comfortable guest rooms and quiet atmosphere. We look forward to sharing your feedback with our team. Please come back to see us again soon!
Columbiana, Ohio
Reviewed 23 May 2014

stopped here while traveling I-95 the staff was very friendly and hotel very clean free breakfast was very nice room view was of the woods in the back it was kind of pricey $147 something for a night with AAA discount to Cracker barrel is across the street and gas stations near by would stay here again

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Danielle K, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walterboro, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
carri m,
A special thanks to you and your family for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express hotel in Walterboro, South Carolina. We truly appreciate the kind words about our clean rooms, complimentary breakfast buffet and convenient location. Our rates do vary based on dates and availability, so we encourage travelers to call us as soon as they know their travel dates to lock in the best available rate. Thanks again for all of your time. We really appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Clarksburg, Maryland
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My sister and I stayed here on our way from Maryland to Florida a couple of weeks ago.

It had been a long and stressful day as were originally supposed to take the auto-train but it was over 10 hours late so we decided to drive. My sister is from North Carolina and had taken the train up to Maryland in order to join me on the auto-train and her one statement on the drive was we had to get to somewhere in South Carolina so she was at least south of her house.

We knew we were not going to make it to Savannah so using my trusty smart phone I found this hotel. We were so close we did not make a reservation but just showed up.

We were very lucky in our timing as this hotel ended up being full for the night after my party and 1 other checked in. The front desk staff was wonderful. The hotel was very clean and VERY quiet, surprisingly so. Breakfast in the morning was perfectly adequate for our needs to grab and get on the road again.

I would definitely recommend this hotel. It was also the nicest and newest looking of the others at this same exit and many of the others had outdoor access to the rooms, where this hotel had interior corridors, something we prefer.

The only thing that kept this hotel from being rated excellent by us was that it was a bit more expensive that others in the same area,

SorcerersLady,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Walterboro hotel as you traveled to Florida from Maryland. We are absolutely delighted to hear that you and your sister enjoyed your stay. As you mentioned in your review, we do sell out frequently and our rates vary based on dates and availability. Therefore, we encourage travelers to give us a call as soon as they know their travel dates so that we can lock in the best available rate. We hope that you had a wonderful time in Florida and that you will come back to see us again in the future!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We needed a spot to rest for the night and this hotel sure let us do that. The lady at the front desk was very nice and helped us to find a good pizza delivery place. Our room was everything we needed. The breakfast in the morning was really good and a lot of variety. Would definitely suggest staying here if in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Danielle K, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walterboro, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Katie G,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us for a quick stopover during your travels along Interstate 95. We are absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the kind words about our friendly team complimentary breakfast buffet and comfortable guest rooms. We hope to see you and your family again in the future!
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed one night on my travels along I-95. I stayed here last year for the 1st time so I made a reservation this year the day before. I stopped at the SC welcome center and found a coupon for approximately $20 off the lowest rate I had received on the reservation. The reservation desk manager accepted the coupon and lowered my rate from $122 to $99 although he explained they don't normally accept the coupon for reservations. Obviously I thought the hotel was a good place to stay last year which is why I made the reservation this year. I found the room appeared to be clean and it was comfortable. I travel a lot for business and I thought the room was about average compared with most places I have stayed. The breakfast was just okay. There were powdered scrambled eggs which weren't great but weren't bad. There was sausage and I would have preferred bacon. There was no cut fruit so I had a banana. All in all it was definitely worth the cost and I would stay again. Definitely above average for the price I paid.

1 Thank mikeinintegra
mikeinintegra,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Walterboro during your travels along Interstate 95. We are glad to hear that you feel we offer a great value to hotel guests and appreciate the kind words about our clean, comfortable guest rooms! We also appreciate your feedback about our complimentary breakfast buffet. We have shared your suggestions with our General Manager for further review. Thanks again for all of your time. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My family recently stayed here on a return trip from Florida to Virginia. The room was modern, clean, comfortable, and quit, We all had an excellent night's rest in the suite room with 2 queen beds. Check-in was very easy when we were greeted by a very friendly staff. When we woke we enjoyed the included breakfast that offered hot and fresh foods: scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, cinnamon buns, cereal, fresh fruit. The dining are was spotless and attended by a very friendly hostess. I want to add a particular note about the desk clerk - Ms. Lisa Ortiz. After we checked in and dropped our stuff in our rooms we left to grab a quick meal. On my way our she called my name and said she found my Holiday Inn club number and applied my stay to that account. (I didn't bother finding this info on my own.) She identified another of my club accounts and wen through the trouble of consolidating the two. It was just above and beyond. She also called our room about 10 minutes after we check in to see if our room was satisfactory - it was.

Next door is an easy accessible convenience store. Also nearby are a few chain restaurants.

I wish I could point out something that was 5+ but there wasn't anything. We didn't use the pool or the exercise room. They appeared clean as the rest of the hotel. Highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: Room 316 was fine. View was of roof of car port. Light remained on during the night. This wasn't...