“Would stay here an extra day if we had the time”

Best Western of Walterboro
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Walterboro
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We chose this hotel based on what the reviews said and how it was rated,we had also picked up a travel coupon booklet to get a discount on the room.
The room was looking out to the gorgeous pool ( which was closed on a day of good weather?????) and gorgeous grounds. we had a nice room , tv worked, internetworked, comfy beds..
great breakfast, it was nice to be offered more choices other than just cereal and juice or minature donuts or muffins,, it was great..Hubby was happy cos he had eggs and some sausages and toast.
We had a horrible dinner at Shoneys ( no place to write a review about that :-( )the nite we checked in..
Hopefully we can make a complaint thru the Shoneys corporation, but it looks like they have BLOCKED all complaints,, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Room Tip: ask to see rooms first, and make sure the internet works ( if you are a computer geek like I am LOL...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 September 2011

Chose this hotel based on reviews & rate. I had coupon from travel coupon booklet (available at Visitors Center or other).
Room was clean. I appreciated amenities such as refrigerator & coffee pot. I liked that room had microwave, iron, ironing board, & hair drier.
Hotel had great breakfast. Besides waffles, I enjoyed eggs, sausage, quality orange juice in addition to good coffee. There were many other breakfast choices.
The night before, we walked to Ruby Tuesday. Also had option of walking to McDonalds/convenience store.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Very pleased.with the layout, cleanliness and comfort of the room. The full breakfast offered could not be beat!

Room Tip: Booked the room online.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We stayed here overnight en route to Florida. Clean, friendly staff, imaginatively folded towels (OK... small detail, but cute!), A GREAT breakfast, one of the best waffles I ever had. Plus many more items, both hot and cold. Don't hesitate to book this one.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Very nice Best Western....rooms were good size and clean...make sure you get a coupon for the best rates....morning breakfast is open till 9 am so get up early....very nice staff.

Room Tip: just ask for best room when you check in
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Stayed for one night as it is pet friendly. Really not a bad place but the rooms are small and smell musty. Heat index was 100 degrees but the AC worked great. Front desk check in clerk was friendly and helpful. The big issue was that the door lock broke and I could not use my room access card to regain entry. My wife or I had to stay in the room while the other exercised or we could not get back in. The clerk offered to switch the room but after an all day drive, the heat, and the fact I had all my stuff inside we did not want to move. There is a Ruby Tuesday close by and the burgers were great. Next time I will drive a little further to Orangeburg and stay there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2011

We stopped here for the night on our way back to NY from Florida. We didn't love it or hate it, it was OK for a one night stop.

I think we were spoiled with Holiday Inn breakfasts and were disappointed in the small selection and lack of seating. I had to eat my breakfast in the car because there was no place to sit and my family was asleep. When I went back later with my daughter there was still no place to sit.

We used the pool, which was nice but had very short hours. I think it was open from 11 am, or noon until dusk. Doesn't give travelers much chance to swim.

We would stay here again, but wouldn't go out of our way.

There were a couple of places to eat right across the parking lot which was convenient.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family