“Perfectly comfortable”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Walterboro
Big Pine Key, Florida
“Perfectly comfortable”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We always stop overnight on our trips between the FL Keys and VA. We've stayed here twice before. Every time we stay in another hotel, I regret it. We travel with our dog so we look for decent pet-friendly places. This is definitely one of those. The rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. The front desk staff is pleasant. What I want for a quick overnight trip? A clean room, hot shower (good water pressure) and a meal closeby. This place works. Consistently. We'll definitely go back.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Riverview, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2013

After reading some reviews I thought this would be a nice break on my way from FL after work to MA. I needed a pet friendly hotel and thought this would be good. I couldn't get out of the room fast enough. The Front Desk personnel was very pleasant, the room appeared to be cleaned but smelled VERY musty. Over time I thought I was going to be sick from the odor. Water appeared to be seeping through the shower walls which, to me, indicates mold. Location is easy access off/on I95, Gas, Ruby Tuesday's, and McDonald's right there. I needed a coffee for my 5am depart but McDonald's system was down and couldn't take my order which just put the cherry on top of everything. Thank God for D&D two exits north.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Walterboro hotels

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Stopped here for one night Stopped here for one night while on the road traveling. Very nice hotel. Right off the highway but no "highway" noise. Very convenient to gas stations and a couple of restaurants. Hotel was clean and well maintained. Very nice lobby and pool area. Did not get to go swimming but it looked very clean and well maintained. The breakfast was good. All the usual plus scrambled eggs and sausage. The eggs looked like they may have been sitting for a little bit and some were hard. All staff seemed very friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. I would not hesitate to stop here again and recommend it to other people. If I had to find a problem to bring up, I am a Best Western Rewards member. They did not report my stay to Best Western therefore I did not get credit for my stay or reward points for it. I am in the process of taking care of this myself, but, it is a lot of extra, unnecessary work on my part that did not have to happen. Other than that completely satisfied. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Deltona
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The hotel was your average hotel. It had a nice room and a very big outdoor pool, which was very nice. The frre breakfast buffeet was average at best.The room was very nice and clean. It was a very quiet spot where you could get a quiet and relaxed night sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel has easy access from and to I 95. We checked in early with no problems. Standard hotel room with free wi fi, refrigerator, ironing board, microwave, hair dryer, etc. There are many restaurantd in the immediate area. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Tom O
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The room was very clean they let us look before we paid. Roomy and ac worked great. A little pricy but worth it hot continental breakfastnext to highway very safe and walked to ruby Tuesday. Management was friendly. I woukd stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
Fort Lauderdale, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Easy off and on from I-95 going north and south. Restaurant next to hotel was nice. We would stay at this Best Western again. Not all Best Westerns are the same. This one was nice and quiet. Easy area to walk the puppy.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family