“Too bad for Words!!!!”
Review of Palms Inn & Suites

Palms Inn & Suites
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Walterboro
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My family checked into this hotel and left after less than 5 minutes!!! It smelled bad, smoky, and my daughter saw a large bug crawling on the floor!!!! It should not be open to the public!!! Thank god I was able to get a room at a good hotel in town!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sonya L

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I've stayed at this hotel for years. It's just the right distance when traveling back and forth from FL and ME. It is old and a little run down but it is very inexpensive and takes pets. If you are looking for a clean room without any frills, this is the place. A micro-frig comes standard which is perfect for me since I eat breakfast in my room. If you ask for a room in the first building or facing Shoney's in the second building you should be ok. (back side looks a little dicey). Also, if you want a non-smoking room check it first; I've found some to smell very strong of smoke. The furniture is kind of old but the beds are comfortable and the showers are good with plenty of hot water.

Room Tip: Rooms in first building are best. Check room out first, if it isn't right they will switch it f...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Kathleen C
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Billboard out front states rooms from $29.99. There were no rooms for this price even though there were only 2-3 cars in the parking lot. Cheapest room was $51.05. The room was clean but old. Drop cords and power strips were needed to connect appliances and lamp. I stayed against my better judgment because I was tired.TV remote did not work. Toilet did not flush. I did not find this out until the next morning. No coffee in the lobby and no cups in my room even though there was a coffee pot. Service station down the street had gas at the pump which was 15 cents more per gallon than their advertised price. I will not stop in Walterboro again.

Room Tip: For $29.99 and a quick 8 hour sleepover this would have been great. For $51.05 I feel cheated.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank R H
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I have stayed here several times when traveling back and forth from Florida to Canada. I have never had a bad experience at this hotel. If there is something wrong, I immediately bring it to someone's attention and it gets fixed. I'll admit the hotel does look a bit run down and the decor could be updated, but the rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and will go out of their way to make you comfortable. I have recommended this hotel to several of my friends and they've all been very happy.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The prices are great, the rooms are dated but but very clean, and the beds sleep great, the front desk clerk who checked us in that evening was just full of laughs and very attentive, made us feel right at home, we will make this our overnight stop from here on out, Thanks for the great stay Palms Inn .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2013

YES, I booked it, that's true.. never again. I read there web page. Sounded okay, so I booked via phone to request a king bed, non smoking room. As I didn't see that option on there web page. (That should have been my first clue.) Was given a room with double beds at first. Immediately got that straightened out. Web page said it was newly renovated in 2011. NOT!!! First lie. Couldn't say when if at all, not sure it was ever done. Our room very dated.
Web page also said Continental breakfast, NOT!! Second lie. I Should have asked for an immediate refund and checked out. But thought how bad could it be. Bedding was dirty. I took the pillow case to the front desk and when I requested a clean one the response was what's wrong with the one you have. It's dirty I replied and she held it up and checked. Then reluctantly gave me another. When I asked for 2 extra bath towels she said she would check in the laundry to see if there were any.
There was no bath mat. and only 1 " mini" bar of bath soap. There was a coffee pot but no coffee to put in it. " On top of the above mentioned" there were actual cob webs hanging all over the room. We had checked in around 7 pm after a 12 hour drive from PA. Went to Shoney's for dinner, returned to our room, tried to sleep and got up a 4:30 am and left because we could not stand the room any longer.

Room Tip: The old adage is you get what you pay for!! We learned our lesson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank MaryxM
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and professional. The is updated and nicely decorated. The room was very nice and clean. Excellent location. All together makes a great stay.... No complaints. I travel here often so I will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: October 2013