“Good for a last minute quick stay”
Review of Sleep Inn Airport

Sleep Inn Airport
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in West Columbia
Savannah, Georgia
“Good for a last minute quick stay”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Bathroom had hair all over the floor, but rest of room was clean. I asked the desk clerk for some disinfectant spray so i could clean the floor, and he gave it to me. He was very concerned about me bringing the bottle back to him, as oppose to offering to clean it himself. He was busy watching tv in the lobby, since it was 11pm and there was no customers. On my last day, i requested late check out so i could sleep. But I ges the cleaning crew never got the message becuz they knocked on my door at 10am and 11am, so i didnt get much extended sleep. The hotel is not that bad, its just poorly managed and staffed. No professionalism. Its cheap because its in a non desirable area, but u can get to everything in about 10-15 min. I would stay again if i was by myself, but I would stick with Comfort Suites if i am with my family.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Hp2hp2
jennifer p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
I appreciate you bringing these items to my attention-I apologize for your dissatisfaction and
will address these issues with my staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Locust Grove, Georgia
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My first time at this location. Not bad. Everything in the room worked good, even the AC.
Lots of plugs for your phone and computer. WI-FI was strong. Typical breakfast.
Staff very nice. .......................................................................................................

Room Tip: Traffic real congested. Drive around back and go behind Shoney's past gas station to light.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Scott B
jennifer p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Wow-nice review-So glad you were pleased with your stay-will pass this along to my staff-come back to see us-and yes-always go around back of hotel and exit at traffic light-very good advice

Jennifer-GM
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Pros
-The value was phenomenal.
-Our room was renovated.
-It was also clean and organized.
-The beds were comfortable.
-It is right off the highway, so you are not driving around finding the hotel. It is easy to spot with
great signage.
- Television was large, great channel selection.

The Cons:
-Check-in person was ...just stupid. Wasn't really welcoming.
-Rooms are "tight". The beds were awfully close to the wall. It lacked space.
-During breakfast, housekeeping was actually vacuuming the dining space. The noise it made
conversation impossible.
-Seemed like all employees were just there to work.

Overall:
We were glad we were only there a night. Although the rooms were renovated, they were also tight. Although a great rate and location, the service basically sucked. So, overall, it had its goods and bads.

Room Tip: Room away from elevator and stairs have less outdoor noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ndmjax78
jennifer p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
I appreciate the review of your hotel stay-thanks for the pros and the cons-I will address each with the staff-Your comments serve as a tool to better serve all our guests.
Loveland, Ohio
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night on our way to Hilton Head. The rooms were comfortable, clean. Ours was on the side of the building on the 4th floor, the only noise we heard from the road was a siren early in the morning. Has a decent free breakfast with hot waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, etc. . We would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank LLivengood
jennifer p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Thanks for taking time to review your stay ay Sleep Inn. Your comments are very appreciated and I am most pleased you enjoyed your stay.Please come back again should you be in this area . J.Perry-General Manager
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Staff and service great. Very accommodating! Newly renovated rooms are wonderful. The manager even brought me an apartment guide because I mentioned I was moving to the area soon. Clean rooms and breakfast area. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan H
jennifer p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thanks for taking the time to do this review-I hope you found an apartment-everyone at the hotel enjoyed being of service to you-your comments will be shared with the staff.
Reviewed 9 August 2013

After having to be away from home for an extended amount of time, we decided to try this Sleep Inn. So glad we did. The hotel staff was so welcoming and always so helpful with any needs we may have had. The location was great and close to many restaurants and shopping. The rooms were comfortable, clean and quiet with fresh linens and bath supplies. I would recommend this property to anyone needing a stay in this area for any reason. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Applebiscuits
jennifer p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Thanks for doing this review on Tripadvisor- It is nice to see that the hard work we do daily
is recognized. I will gladly show this reciew to all my staff. Most of the hotel's renovations
has been completed and hopefully you can stay in one of newly renovated rooms soon.
Thanks for choosing Sleep Inn for your hotel needs
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Where ever you find dedicated employees, you find great service and a great product and that's just what you will find at this Sleep Inn! Having cause for an extended hotel stay, we have been so impressed with this property. The employees -from the General Manager to the maintenance staff- are very obviously dedicated to this property and love their jobs! Upon check in I asked the front desk if they could tell me which floor might have a diet coke in the vending machines. After learning there were no diet cokes in the machines, the GM sent an employee up to my room with a liter bottle! That is an example of the way this staff treats every guest need. In spite of undergoing a complete property renovation, this hotel is clean, well stocked, quiet and in the perfect location for business or leisure stays. The beds are comfortable and the linens are fresh and soft ( I find most hotel linens to be harsh). The staff speaks when you pass them and go above and beyond to earn you're loyalty. They even go above and beyond with the continental type breakfast - offering local fruits and goodies. I understand we are talking Sleep Inn here and that brand is known for "no frills" economical but I would recommend this property over ANY in Columbia! This Sleep Inn should be a training property for all hotels brands! Five stars all the way for us!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank robin M
jennifer p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Wow-thank you for such a glowing recommendation-I cannot wait to print and post this for all employees to see.Everyone does work hard and this will show them it is appreciated.Thank you so very much
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Columbia
#7 of 11 in West Columbia
Super 8 West Columbia Airport
Super 8 West Columbia Airport
#8 of 11 in West Columbia

Been to Sleep Inn Airport? Share your experiences!