“Pleasant surprise!!!”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in West Columbia
Jacksonville, Florida
“Pleasant surprise!!!”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Saw this hotel on my way to Columbia for the weekend. Being a Sleep inn had me skeptical. When I walked in the lobby was very clean and the decor was modern. The room was really a nice surprise. Very clean and looked great. The housekeeping staff was great, especially La Vice who was always smiling and always greeted me when I walked by. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank piazza35
jennifer p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
What a nice review-thank you so much -The hotel renovations were just completed and is making a huge impact -your comments prove that. Hopefully you will come back to see us.

Jennifer-GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

We just happened to find this hotel while looking for a place to stay on our way to Tennessee. Staff was friendly. Big rooms with brand new beds. Great breakfast the next day. Would recommend. Can't
beat the price.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Susyl228
jennifer p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Thanks for taking time to do this review on Tripadvisors. I am pleased that you enjoyed your
stay and hope you will come back to visit with us should you be in this area again. Your
comments will be shared with the staff.

J Perry
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

My mom and I were traveling through Columbia and looking for a place to stay. We stumbled on this place and really enjoyed it. The price was cheap, the beds were large, the rooms were clean, and the breakfast was good. If you're in the neighborhood check this place out, you'll be sleepin' good!

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Sean M
jennifer p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
What a nice review- I really appreciate this and that you took time to complete the review. Please
come back to stay with us should you be in this area again.

J. Perry
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay! It is exactly what it says it is! A middle of the road hotel with clean rooms and a friendly staff! There was also a breakfast I never got to enjoy because of late nights! I would definitely stay there again! Great deal for the money!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Steve B
jennifer p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
I hope you enjoyed the football game- I really appreciate you taking the time to do a review
on your hotel stay. Your comments will be passed along to my staff and we all hope you will
come back to see us on your next visit to Columbia. I am sure you noticed the hotel has
just been renovated -we have had many compliments on the finish product so I hope you found
it to your liking.

J Perry
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Bathroom had hair all over the floor, but rest of room was clean. I asked the desk clerk for some disinfectant spray so i could clean the floor, and he gave it to me. He was very concerned about me bringing the bottle back to him, as oppose to offering to clean it himself. He was busy watching tv in the lobby, since it was 11pm and there was no customers. On my last day, i requested late check out so i could sleep. But I ges the cleaning crew never got the message becuz they knocked on my door at 10am and 11am, so i didnt get much extended sleep. The hotel is not that bad, its just poorly managed and staffed. No professionalism. Its cheap because its in a non desirable area, but u can get to everything in about 10-15 min. I would stay again if i was by myself, but I would stick with Comfort Suites if i am with my family.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Hp2hp2
jennifer p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
I appreciate you bringing these items to my attention-I apologize for your dissatisfaction and
will address these issues with my staff.
Locust Grove, Georgia
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My first time at this location. Not bad. Everything in the room worked good, even the AC.
Lots of plugs for your phone and computer. WI-FI was strong. Typical breakfast.
Staff very nice. .......................................................................................................

Room Tip: Traffic real congested. Drive around back and go behind Shoney's past gas station to light.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Scott B
jennifer p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Wow-nice review-So glad you were pleased with your stay-will pass this along to my staff-come back to see us-and yes-always go around back of hotel and exit at traffic light-very good advice

Jennifer-GM
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Pros
-The value was phenomenal.
-Our room was renovated.
-It was also clean and organized.
-The beds were comfortable.
-It is right off the highway, so you are not driving around finding the hotel. It is easy to spot with
great signage.
- Television was large, great channel selection.

The Cons:
-Check-in person was ...just stupid. Wasn't really welcoming.
-Rooms are "tight". The beds were awfully close to the wall. It lacked space.
-During breakfast, housekeeping was actually vacuuming the dining space. The noise it made
conversation impossible.
-Seemed like all employees were just there to work.

Overall:
We were glad we were only there a night. Although the rooms were renovated, they were also tight. Although a great rate and location, the service basically sucked. So, overall, it had its goods and bads.

Room Tip: Room away from elevator and stairs have less outdoor noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ndmjax78
jennifer p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
I appreciate the review of your hotel stay-thanks for the pros and the cons-I will address each with the staff-Your comments serve as a tool to better serve all our guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Columbia
Quality Inn West Columbia
#5 of 11 in West Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport
Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport

Been to Sleep Inn Airport? Share your experiences!