“I loved this hotel.”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in West Columbia
Sarasota, Florida
“I loved this hotel.”
Reviewed 15 February 2011

This hotel had a friendly and very helpful staff. The hotel is very clean and nice. The room was great the bed was really comfortable and there was a coffee maker and hairdryer in the room. There is a great restaraunt and lounge in the hotel with complimentary continental breakfast. The location was perfect it was close to downtown I was able to go and see the state house, also there is shopping not far from the hotel. The staff is very knowledeable about the area and even had tickets available for the local zoo. They gave complimentary papers to me during my stay. They had shuttle service to and from the airport which was very convenient for me. They have a business center which allowed me to go ahead in check-in for my flight prior to taking shuttle back to airport. They also have a fitness center with some great equipment as well as an outdoor pool which I hope to come back and use during the summer months. The rooms at the hotel are very affordable and nice I would definetly reccomend to anyone.

Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank tazmonkey1999

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 8 October 2010

The hotel was only ok because it is old and I was very disappointed that it did not have a spa tub that was listed in the amenities on expedia. I would have rather spent an extra $10-20 to get a newer facility with a spa tub. They have made a decent effort to keep the place clean, but you will notice little things like mold in the closet area. But for $79 it is ok if you want a reasonably clean motel to stay. Also if you get a ground floor outside room you can pull your car right up to your door.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I came to visit some friends that live in the area, and decided to stay at this hotel due to its rates. Since it is not located in "downtown" columbia the rates are a bit cheaper but downtown is still only 10 min away. I must say I was pleasantly surprised, you can tell its an older building but the inside was very clean and new looking. I was informed later that they changed from a Holiday Inn to a Clarion Inn in March and remodeled everything. The rooms, bathroom, and furniture all looked brand new, and the pool was ALOT bigger than any of the other hotels I've stayed at before. Everything was good and met or exceeded my expectations, including the property, rooms, bathrooms, facilities, and especially the staff.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank SCHokie_07
Ledyard, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Suzanne at the front desk mad this hotel very memorable. She is one of those people who obviously loves her job, loves people, and has an incredibly posititive friendly attitude. It didn't hurt that she used to live in Connecticut where we're from so we had a lot to talk about. Even though there was a problem with our discount card, Suzanne and the manager spent a lot of time trying to resolve the issue to our benefit. Fantastic people and the hotel was nice too. We will definitely stay there again on our next trip to Columbia.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia Airport
Sleep Inn Airport
Sleep Inn Airport
#3 of 11 in West Columbia

Been to Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport

Property: Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport
Address: 500 Chris Dr, West Columbia, SC 29169-4669
Region: United States > South Carolina > West Columbia
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in West Columbia
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport 3*
The Clarion Inn-Airport Hotel in Columbia, SC is centrally located to all major Interstates. This Columbia Airport Hotel is located just 4 miles from the Columbia Metropolitan Airport and Columbia's downtown historic and government district. We are within 4 miles of the University of South Carolina and the nationally recognized Riverbanks Zoo and Botanical Gardens. We offer spacious accommodations with wireless high-speed Internet access. Take advantage of our complimentary airport shuttle service, free local calls, free Continental breakfast, 24 hour coffee, and USA Today newspaper. Our hotel offers free on site parking, a laundry facility, and an exercise facility. Our Magnolia's Grill is open daily for breakfast and dinner. It offers authentic Southern cuisine. Magnolia's also offers room service. Our lounge is open nightly. Relax in our beautifully landscaped courtyard surrounding our pool. Our meeting facilities cater to groups of 10 to 250. We have complete event planning, audio visual capabilities and an outstanding catering and banquet service personnel to meet the needs of you and your guests. We offer 142 guest rooms, 12 suites, and special accommodations for the physically challenged. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport Hotel West Columbia