Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sleep Inn Airport(West Columbia)
US$88
Executive Inn(West Columbia)
US$99
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsattached restaurantwaffle housechicken tendersvan driversfree breakfastlast minute stopsports restaurantin house restaurantclean sheetsstayed here for one nightfootball gamelittle thingsthe entire hotelyogurtcomfy bedvery nice stayfitness room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

We came to Columbia for a concert at Williams Brice Stadium. The Holiday Inn West Columbia was easy to find and easy to get to being just off the interstate. The front desk staff was terrific! The check in process went quickly and smoothly. The room itself was clean and spacious. In fact, my husband said it was the nicest room he had ever stayed in! The breakfast vouchers were great and the selection was enough for all choices. We will definitely be staying here the next time we visit Columbia!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Arrived at 10:00PM at hotel for overnight stay and business meeting with breakfast off site in the morning where I was to be picked up at the hotel at 8:00AM. Room nice and clean. Got up at 7:00 AM to get ready. Went into bath to turn on shower...shower did not work...handle would spin in my hand and was clearly broken. I fiddled with it for a bit to see if I could make it work. Nothing. So, with no time to change rooms, I had to wash my hair in the sink and used a wash cloth to clean myself as best I could. Got dressed and went down to front desk to drop key and check out. Told person at front desk what happened and he said that he was sorry and to have a nice day...hun? After pressing him he offered a comp $8.00 breakfast...hun? I left and won't go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear Gordon M,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the bathroom conditions that did not meet your expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our amenities continually. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Breakfast SERVICE is horrible, extremely lazy service and removing the buffett was a huge mistake. BUT your night staff is wonderful. Taylor is very personable, great server and always has a smile on her face. Nick too, he's a great head bartender, remembers the regulars and makes us feel welcome.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Booked a room for me and my husband "to get away". I reserved a room type with " 2 Queen Beds, NON SMOKING". We checked in and the young woman at the front was very pleasant. We went to the room, and I started to unpack my toiletries, and noticed that the restroom had a really strong musty smell, I called the front desk, and the same young lady was very professional, and switched rooms. I had to walk back up to my room, due to the Elevator not working??? We moved from room 527 to room 521. I unpacked, and went to stretch out on the bed, and noticed that my feet came to the end of the bed?? I am 5'4" tall, and sleep on a Queen bed at home, at this point my Husband who is 6'1" is stretched out, and his feet are hanging over...He is looking at me like I've gone loco?? I kept insisting that these were not "Queen Size" beds. We went to grab some dinner, and when I came back to the hotel, a gentleman by the name of "Jeff", was at the front desk. I proceeded to ask him if we were put in a room with 2 double beds by mistake, at which point he clarified that we had two Queen beds. I explained to Jeff that I had a Queen bed at home, and my cat sleeps at the foot of the bed, and I had plenty of room. He went into an explanation of it being a "Special" Mattress, and that it was considered a "Queen Size". I was really blindsided by this explanation due to the fact I have stayed at lots of hotels in my travels that had Queen beds, and never had this come up? That got me started...LOL I looked up the size of twin, full (double), Queen, and King size. And the standard size for a Queen Bed is 60 x 80, a full bed is 53 x 74. So now how do I measure? I took an 8.5 x 11 paper, and laid them lengthwise which had 6 full sheets, and 1/2 a sheet. ( 6 x 11=66 plus an extra 6 inches) =73" Length, and the width took just at 5 sheets
( 5 x 11)=55" Width. This measurement IS NOT A QUEEN...We were put in a room with 2 Full Beds. Of course after having to change rooms once already, I didn't want to be a pain in the BEHIND, and complain AGAIN...so we dealt with it....Until the next day...LOL, then my Husband got curious...(he said he was defending my honor, LOL). We bought a tape measure, and sure enough, it was a Full Size mattress. We had been at the Zoo all day, and I decided to take a Hot bath...all went well until I tried to let out the water? Wanted to use the shower to wash my hair? The water took 10 minutes to drain...At this point my Hubby gave me a sleeping pill...Ha Ha and I went to sleep on my "Full Sized Mattress". My husband did talk to another gentleman in the morning at check out, and he decided that he would write the corporate office to find out about the Mattress Size?
MOST OF THE STAFF WERE FRIENDLY. I was expecting to have a fridge, and microwave in the room, (disappointing), and the coffee maker was a joke...LOL When I did get coffee in the lobby mine was lukewarm. NO Continental Breakfast....
I WOULD LOOK FOR ANOTHER HOTEL WITH BETTER AMENITIES....

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Marcus_Munse, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Dear Guest,

I apologize about your inconveniences with your stay. I would especially like to apologize about the elevator not working. As soon as I was informed about the elevator I called our service technician and I am happy to say that the elevator was up and running by the time you awoke the following morning. I would also like to apologize about the shower not draining well. We have a very tightly regimented preventative maintenance program that ensures that everything is working properly. Thank you for letting us know that your drain was not working up to your expectations. This issue has already been resolved.

I would also like to apologize about any bed size confusion. I can assure you that there are absolutely no full size beds on our property. We only have queen size beds and king size beds. As is a Holiday Inn standard we only have Serta beds. Here is the sizing chart that shows the sizes: http://www.serta.com/files/Serta_Size_chart.pdf. I would be happy to address this concern further if you wish.

I also understand your disappointment with the lack of microwaves and fridges in the standard rooms. We do provide these added amenities in our suites. Please allow me to explain about not having a continental breakfast. A continental breakfast is one of the few amenities available in a limited service Holiday Inn Express. The benefit to a full service hotel's breakfast, such as our own, is in our preparation and options that you receive. We have a full breakfast menu where we can order a personalized dish in the wonderful atmosphere of the Sporting News Grill or choose to relax comfortably and have the breakfast be delivered to you in the comfort of your room.

Thank you again for your review, and hopefully I have addressed all of your concerns. We hope to serve you again.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

This Hol Inn was chosen for the location as it is 1 hour drive exactly to the Masters Golf Tournament. Much better value for this week than in Augusta itself. Drive is direct on the interstate with no problem. Good services and Sports Bar. All staff were very friendly and welcoming. There are also good restaurants to the east and not far from the historic downtown.
Very good lobby coffee!

Room Tip: Like a room overlooking the parking lot - like to keep a watch on the car.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family