“Breath taking and incredible”

Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in West Columbia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Tallahassee, Florida, USA
“Breath taking and incredible”
Reviewed 22 August 2010

I have stayed in Columbia, SC many times over the years, usually at Holiday Inn, with business and other affairs. I recently learned about the new Holiday Inn & Suites off of interstate I-20. I am a platinum priority club member, so needless to say I travel quite often. This new Holiday Inn was by far the nicest hotel I have stayed at. The property itself is gorgeous inside and out. Not to mention they have a retaurant on site with a nice selection of food and alcohol. The rooms were incredible and they are eco friendly. It feels good to know your helping out. I have switched from where I was staying to here and have brought many clients and colleagues with me as well. When you walk in you almost forget it's a Holiday Inn, seriously. I'll be staying there and suggest it to everyone else as well, its convient to get to, the staff is friendly, and its a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Tennessee
Reviewed 16 August 2010

this place was a dream, clean - eco friendly - nice host - decent restaurant - new - easy to find. I have been a priority member since it began and this is nicer than any holiday inn I have ever stayed. Enjoy!!! Totally smoke free facility.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Comfortable property that meets LEED standards for being environmentally friendly without any sacrifice in comfort. I really enjoyed the restaurant for breakfast and the sports bar to watch sports at night and have dinner and a cocktail. This is a very nice property for the money and they did not cut any corners in quality and comfort.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I go to Columbia on business once a month and stayed here for the first time. I don’t usually write reviews online, but I wanted to share the experience I had at this hotel. I wanted to try something new so I decided to stay at this first LEED Certified (GREEN) hotel in Columbia and I’m very very glad I did. It’s brand new and has just recently opened.

I stayed here for 3 nights and it was simply a sensational hotel in every way. The service was spectacular and very attentive to detail. The hotel was beautifully designed - it had a southern but cool and stylish feel to it. The location was very convenient as it was close to the airport. The bed and linens were very comfortable; the rooms were large, spacious and clean. The food at the restaurant was very tasty and the restaurant itself was fun - I was able to watch the Los Angeles Dodgers game at the sports bar, which had multiple beers on tap as well as multiple flat screen TVs to watch sports.

I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Columbia on business or pleasure. I had a great time there and will stay again!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 June 2010

This hotel is new and very clean. It is a quick drive into Columbia. It has a mod vibe to it. Very different than all of the other HIEs that I have stayed at.The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The whole facility was quiet, probably because of it's newness. If we return to Columbia, we will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport
Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Northwest
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington
Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport? Share your experiences!