“Not real Bar-B-Que”

Ranked #99 of 146 Restaurants in West Columbia
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: South Carolina's Favorite Barbeque! Real BBQ, Cooked on our Hickory Wood-Fired Pits for 24 Hours!We cook our BBQ the old fashioned way, over hickory coals for 24 hours to optimize that smoky flavor with no preservatives or chemicals! Taste our Ribs, Chicken, & Brisket, and one of the Best Burgers in Columbia! Family Owned and Operated since 1953.
Reviewed 25 July 2012

They serve mustard-based Bar-B-Que. Not real Bar-B-Que. But that's just my preference. Try another place.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

I have been to this place twice on trips along I-77. The food is mediocre - they use a mustard/vinegar based sauce which is just okay. The "rib platter" had 2 and a half not very meaty ribs. The ribs were not especially tasty. The BBQ pulled pork sandwich was equally bland. The counter staff were disinterested despite the fact that they were not busy - perhaps that's why.

1  Thank KMWCleveland_OH
Reviewed 28 January 2012

The buffet was outstanding with barbecue, chicken, hash, mac & cheese, potatos, collards, green beans, sweet potatos, pudding, bread, corn, butterbeans.

Reviewed 9 July 2010

This place has a long and storied reputation in this part of the country. I was NOT impressed. Very mediocre. Not advised for true BBQ lovers. The chopped pork was mundane, very little smoked flavor, could have been oven roasted instead of smoked or fire roasted. very ordinary, and mine was cold. Cole slaw was terrible. Sauce was interesting, but far from the best I've ever had. Best thing on my plate was the Carolina BBQ Hash, it was very tasty. Would have been better if it had been served hot. Again the food was cold. It's interesting to hear that Maurice's claims their food was named Best BBQ in the USA (by whom?) I won't be going back.

1  Thank TerrylB