“Needs some attention!”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in West Columbia
A TripAdvisor Member
“Needs some attention!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

There was a terrible odor in my room, and it smelled like someone had sprayed a ton of freshener all over the furniture and even the duvet. The bed was uncomfortable, and definitely not up to Hampton standards. The rooms definitely need some attention! The breakfast was standard Hampton fare.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ShannahB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, and apologize for the condition of your guestroom. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area in the future.

Shannah Burden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We were very disappointed in the property and surprised that Hilton/Hampton permits this hotel to carry their name. The staff was helpful, but there's only so much they can do with an old building. It's clear the owner has deferred a considerable amount of maintenance. We had to replace our key cards three times, and they still didn't work; the desk clerk told us the keys are worn out and the door key mechanisms need to be cleaned. Also, the bathroom was pretty bad. I realize it's hard to replace or reface a bathtub, but the toilet was chipped, patched and stained. Finally, we were horrified to find a cockroach. The desk clerk said they'd just sprayed and offered to move us...but I'm sure they're all over the hotel. The rooms are small and don't offer queen beds or refrigerators or microwaves. We will not be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, we want to make sure that your every stay with us in the future is a great one. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area in the future.

Shannah Burden
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed at this Hampton Inn on our way to our vacation destination. The room was small. The public areas were cramped. Hotel showed a lot of wear. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Served the purpose, but don't expect Hampton Inn quality.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 October 2013

very clean, nice staff and conviniently located. The room was nicely furnished.Breakfast was nice and the overall experience was very satisfactory.Good rate and with discounts available. I would recommend this hotel to people for a business trip or a family gahtering.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Was there for parents weekend and the service and staff were EXCELLENT!! Room was very clean and front desk was very helpful!!! Food was fresh!!! including Fruit!! Many THANKS!!!! WILL BE BACK!!!! Also not downtown but its a short easy drive to USC.

Baltimore, United States
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I waited a little too long to find a hotel for Parents' Weekend at USC Columbia, but I thought this would be an acceptable choice based on proximity to downtown Columbia, and my previously positive experiences with Hampton Inns. I've come to expect better things from Hampton Inn based on stays at the downtown Columbia (Vista) venue, but I was disappointed in the Columbia Airport Hampto Inn for the following reasons: 1. Elevator Lobbies at upper floors (in this particular hotel) extremely narrow/cramped-seem more like the results of squeezing another guest room into former lobby space. I imagine it is probably (barely) code compliant for a corridor, but it doesn't feel right walking off the elevator practically into a wall. 2. Bathroom pretty small. 3. Dresser too shallow, maybe 12-13" deep as opposed to around 20" normal. 4. Room layout seemed tight, with two people having difficulty passing between bed and dresser (likely reason for #3 above). 5. Actual glasses as opposed to paper cups in room would have been nice. 6. Wasted/useless space between breakfast/lobby area and first floor guest rooms perhaps could be incorporated into breakfast area, so that coffee bar is not right at front entry vestibule interfering with arriving guests. Or, maybe this lost space should become business center, to free up counter space for breakfast bar, and allow privacy for business users. That said, I didn't pay as much for the Airport Hampton Inn as the one in the Vista, so I guess you get what you pay for. As a fall back, it's only OK

Reviewed 10 October 2013

While the facility is certainly adequate--it is the staff that steal the show--they are wonderful. Everyone has a smile on their face and were extremely accommodating. I would stay at this hotel any time!

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Columbia
Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport
Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Northwest
Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia Airport
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites
Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport? Share your experiences!