“Over priced for the condition of the hotel”

Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in West Columbia
Atlanta, GA
“Over priced for the condition of the hotel”
Reviewed 25 August 2008

We just returned from attending a conference in West Columbia and were a bit disappointed with the Hampton Inn. We stay with Hampton whenever we can and are usually very pleased. First of all the room was so very small and was crammed full of furniture. The bathroom was also tiny. My husband and I had to walk sideways to pass each other in the room and we are not large people. The ceiling of the room had some mold --- evidently from a past leak. The bed was very comfortable.

The staff was most helpful and friendly both at the front desk and at the breakfast bar --- however, the breakfast area was not as clean as one would like. The containers for the silverware were quite dirty and could definitely have used a good cleaning.

Just not quite up to Hampton Inn standards and considerably overpriced.

• Liked — Confortable bed and friendly staff.
  • Disliked — Very small room and lack of attention to cleanliness.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Baley
Jennifer M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
We are pleased to report that our property underwent a full renovation in 2010! Our guest rooms were completely gutted and the furniture in the rooms has been replaced with smaller, space-saving pieces. Also, our breakfast area has been renovated into a beautiful dining area with plenty of seating, light, and a large buffet area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed 2 August 2008

Stayed at this hotel for two nights in July. The place looks ok on the outside, but pretty old on the inside. The first room we got had problems with the A/C, so they finally moved us after taking about 2 hours to determine it is indeed broken. The second room we got overlooked the pool area, so it was pretty noisy in the evening with a horde of kids screaming and playing in the pool. Housekeeping isn't too efficient, I found hair on the bathroom floor in the first room we were given. In the second room, I found some wadded up trash behind the desk. However, the staff were polite and nice, and the breakfast was very good. There were hot biscuits, eggs, sausage plus the usual cereal and pastries.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank monkeydoc
Huntigntown
Reviewed 26 February 2008

This hotel caters to business people because it is located near the airport. You will often see flight crews there for breakfast. It is an older Hampton with interior halls and is very well kept. We have stayed on all three floors in king bed rooms. The seem a little small but they are nice. The best part of the hotel is the outstanding front desk staff and the breakfast hostess. I have never been to a Hampton that had more variety for breakfast. I would stay here every time I am in Columbia.

Stayed February 2008
beatricepugzilla
Reviewed 20 October 2007

Great staff really made you feel welcomed.
Had to stay in a smoking room becuase the hotel was sold out. Front desk staff said that the room was booked smoking - this was not true since I had a confirmation number with non smking noted on my travel plans but what can you do?
the room was very nice just a little stinky.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 January 2006

I have stayed at two five-star hotels recently, and they weren't as nice as this property! The rooms are sparkling clean, the employees are friendly and accomodating, and the continental breakfast is very good. The breakfast has a wide array of hot and cold selections, as well as healthy and naughty foods. I would stay here again anytime. Oh, and lastly, the area is safe.

• Stayed January 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 August 2005

We stayed here for two nights while visiting a sick relative at the nearby Lexington Medical Center -- the hospital rate was terrific -- $59/night -- and the room was a great value. The room had a little wear on it, most obviously in the bathroom where the tub had lost a little finish here and there -- but overall it was a very comfortable, hospitable place.

• Stayed August 2005
2 Thank jwilliamaaron
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 19 March 2005

As a Hilton elite, I was surprised to be given an incredibly small room.
There is no "business center" at all of any sort -- there is high speed access throughout the building.
Breakfast was OK.
Staff are professional and efficient.
I'd recommend it for a place to stay for a night near the airport.

• Stayed February 2005
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia Airport
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#21 of 94 in Columbia

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport? Share your experiences!