“Great Staff/ Out Dated Property”

Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in West Columbia
Orlando, Florida
“Great Staff/ Out Dated Property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife, daughter and myself spent one night at this property. It was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. However, the Hotel is outdated the room was very small and just needs a complete renovation.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have stayed in many Hampton Inns over the years, however, this one was excellent compared to every other one I have ever stayed in. Room was clean, had a nice tv, fridge and microwave. Bed was VERY comfortable. Pillows were average, but, I have had to use worse. The breakfast was good. The staff is what makes this hotel worth the stay. WONDERFUL people work there and they do anything they can to make your stay a good one. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Avon Park, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The size of our room was the only real negative aspect of our stay. The room was very small. The location of this hotel was perfect and easy to find. The amenities were good, breakfast was good, room clean and staff friendly.

Bowie, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed at this Hampton Inn at the last minute as we were traveling due to a death in the family. When I called to check availability, the lady (Jan I believe was her name) was very kind and compassionate and I feel confident we got their best rate. They also accommodated our slightly early check-in.

The room itself seemed clean, the beds comfortable. The bathroom however wasn't entirely clean nor updated. The tub was YUCKY!

I was super glad we were only staying one night.

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Yes, that's a heckuva price for a king/sofa with a microwave/refrigerator at $75. But you definitely get what you did not pay for: a very, very tiny and quite crowded room with all of the above... the outdoor pool was less than inviting and not heated... the bathroom looks like it needs that crew ASAP from the TV show that does makeovers on houses... hallway conversations are like they are sitting on the foot of your bed... a less than desirable location (nothing around you)... and the rumored cookies are only a reality if you are present and accounted for on the first batch (the next batch was promised for over 30 minutes before we gave up). On a budget, go for it. Looking for more, keep looking.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ShannahB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Hello!

First I want to thank you for taking your time to post a review. We really appreciate all feedback.

I apologize about your experience with us. No we don't have a heated pool here but our outdoor pool is opened during the summer for our guests. We are an older hotel but we also are a hotel that strives to provide the best in service in all areas for our guests.

Hopefully, you will consider staying with us again and let us know of any improvements that you notice since your last stay.

Once again, I do apologize about you not receiving the full "Hampton" experience like you deserve.

Shannah B
Pickens, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

This is an older Hampton Inn but don't let that fool you. The staff makes up for the smaller space. Their heart are big and their smiles are bigger. If you need a friendly face and a safe place to stay the night you will find this to be the perfect selection.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Malden, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Was able to book a room in this hotel, one week before my arrival on a graduation weekend. Came in town for a business meeting and the hotel provided what I needed for an overnight stay. The room furnishings were upgraded and the room overall was comfortable. The free in room Wi-fi was a plus. Overall not a bad deal when looking for a last minute place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Columbia
Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport
Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Northwest
Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia Airport
BEST WESTERN Executive Inn & Suites
Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport? Share your experiences!