“a pleasant suprise”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in West Columbia
Cartersville, Georgia
“a pleasant suprise”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

easy access to i-26. came in late staff was helpful and social. better than most. just (2) floors and there was an elevator. room was large and clean. large tv, mini frig, microwave and in room coffee. nice tolitress. furniture was dated but bathroom has been updated with granite.nice pool was advailable. breakfast was good and hot selections advailable included gravy/biscuits, waffles,boiled eggs, oat meal,breads, juices, coffee, milk,fruit. would stay again. gas station in front makes it difficult to see.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Trenton, Ohio
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Good hotel for the price. The hotel needs to be updated before I would want to stay more than a night. Clean enough, but wouldn't want to go without shoes. The shower was nice - strong water pressure. Breakfast was okay, very clean.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed 24 March 2013

In anticipation of a business trip to Columbia, South Carolina I sought out what hotel to stay at by reading the reviews posted on this website. I noticed that there were both positive and negative reviews. So, in the interest of fairness I read all reviews carefully, more than once. What I noticed was that the reviews were very polarized; either very positive or very negative. Looking more closely a the negative reviews I found that they were what I considered petty. I made a reservation at this hotel and stayed there two days. What I found was that the hotel staff were very friendly and coperative and the accomodations were quite acceptable. If I had a compliant it would be that my room was on the second floor and there were no elevators. My room was very spacious, clean and the bed was very comforatble. I had no difficulty finding the hotel which was located just off the interstate and set back behind the Waffle House restaurant. Almost all the hotels I stay at are situated the same way. I am a business traveler and I frequently stay at Quality Inn Hotels. I find them consistantly clean, respectfull hotel staff and the rooms equiped to meet all my needs. I am writing this review because I believe this hotel has received unjustified criticism. This hotel may be an older building but it has been remodeled. I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again. If anyone is looking for a place to stay in West Columbia, South Carolina this would be a good choice. The rates were reasonable, the room clean and the accomodations better than most.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Midland, Canada
Reviewed 5 December 2012

The lady at check in did not look very happy and did not greet us. She had an unpleasant attitude. She did not inform us of the breakfast, where the ice machine was or the internet password. The rooms are very clean & beds are comfortable. We would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 13 October 2012

i stayed at this Quality Inn on Sept. 29, 2012. This is an older hotel which could use some updating. I have stayed here before however and do like its location. Its very close to the Medical Center in Lexington as well as USC/Downtown areas if thats where you need to go while in town. The room is adequate but seemed pretty clean. Great internet connectivity and breakfast they offer is decent. For $50, its a good deal. Its located right off Intersate behind Waffle House and Rac-Trak gas station.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Average clean and safe. Cold unfriendly staff. It you are looking for peace this is really not a place to stay. Noisy !
Amenities work fine. Rooms get cleaned everyday I guess. There are some roaches roaming around. Discovered a dead roach in the corner of my room.

Room Tip: Amenities work fine
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these West Columbia hotels

Smoky Mountain, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Well, I've stayed in worse but I've also stayed in a lot better. I was disappointed for this to be a Quality Inn. We found this hotel in one of the books given out at the SC Welcome Center. Room smelled musky and ac didn't work well at all. Bathrooms were newly remodeled but during the night we had a cockroach as big and as long as my thumb and a spider in our bathroom. We told them about it when we checked out and all they said was "sorry". For some reason, they also have a huge problems with ants there as well. They had invaded the inside of our car! When we asked if they had any ant spray they said they had already loaned it out. So we had to go to Walmart and by some and spray around the doors of our car. On the plus side, the breakfast area and food were nice. But we won't be back to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport
Super 8 West Columbia Airport
Super 8 West Columbia Airport
#8 of 11 in West Columbia

Been to Quality Inn West Columbia? Share your experiences!