“DIRTY, FILTHY, DIRTY”

Quality Inn West Columbia
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in West Columbia
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I rented more than one room for multiple nights for a business trip. The individual at the front desk when checking in had no concept of customer service. All of the rooms were filthy and run down. When the room condition was brought to the attention of the front desk I was asked, “if I would like to have the rooms cleaned”!!!! This should have been done before I arrived.
The bed linens were all stained and torn, towels were threadbare and stained, wires were hanging out of the walls, multiple holes in walls, and the worst thing I have ever seen in a hotel…….a dirty syringe in the top draw of one of the dressers!!!

At the free breakfast there is a person standing right by the food making sure you do not take too much. She would only put out enough of anything for one person, watch you take it, then replace it with just enough for the next. For instance….with the biscuits and gravy, there were only ever two biscuits out, and enough gravy for one scoop. When you took these she would replace the two biscuits and the scoop of gravy.

They also charged my card for many multiple things that they could not explain and had to fight to get my money back!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Justnobs

Reviewed 10 May 2013

easy access to i-26. came in late staff was helpful and social. better than most. just (2) floors and there was an elevator. room was large and clean. large tv, mini frig, microwave and in room coffee. nice tolitress. furniture was dated but bathroom has been updated with granite.nice pool was advailable. breakfast was good and hot selections advailable included gravy/biscuits, waffles,boiled eggs, oat meal,breads, juices, coffee, milk,fruit. would stay again. gas station in front makes it difficult to see.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Good hotel for the price. The hotel needs to be updated before I would want to stay more than a night. Clean enough, but wouldn't want to go without shoes. The shower was nice - strong water pressure. Breakfast was okay, very clean.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2013

In anticipation of a business trip to Columbia, South Carolina I sought out what hotel to stay at by reading the reviews posted on this website. I noticed that there were both positive and negative reviews. So, in the interest of fairness I read all reviews carefully, more than once. What I noticed was that the reviews were very polarized; either very positive or very negative. Looking more closely a the negative reviews I found that they were what I considered petty. I made a reservation at this hotel and stayed there two days. What I found was that the hotel staff were very friendly and coperative and the accomodations were quite acceptable. If I had a compliant it would be that my room was on the second floor and there were no elevators. My room was very spacious, clean and the bed was very comforatble. I had no difficulty finding the hotel which was located just off the interstate and set back behind the Waffle House restaurant. Almost all the hotels I stay at are situated the same way. I am a business traveler and I frequently stay at Quality Inn Hotels. I find them consistantly clean, respectfull hotel staff and the rooms equiped to meet all my needs. I am writing this review because I believe this hotel has received unjustified criticism. This hotel may be an older building but it has been remodeled. I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again. If anyone is looking for a place to stay in West Columbia, South Carolina this would be a good choice. The rates were reasonable, the room clean and the accomodations better than most.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2012

The lady at check in did not look very happy and did not greet us. She had an unpleasant attitude. She did not inform us of the breakfast, where the ice machine was or the internet password. The rooms are very clean & beds are comfortable. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2012

i stayed at this Quality Inn on Sept. 29, 2012. This is an older hotel which could use some updating. I have stayed here before however and do like its location. Its very close to the Medical Center in Lexington as well as USC/Downtown areas if thats where you need to go while in town. The room is adequate but seemed pretty clean. Great internet connectivity and breakfast they offer is decent. For $50, its a good deal. Its located right off Intersate behind Waffle House and Rac-Trak gas station.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Average clean and safe. Cold unfriendly staff. It you are looking for peace this is really not a place to stay. Noisy !
Amenities work fine. Rooms get cleaned everyday I guess. There are some roaches roaming around. Discovered a dead roach in the corner of my room.

Room Tip: Amenities work fine