“Not the worst”

Quality Inn West Columbia
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in West Columbia
“Not the worst”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Staff is all friendly. But a guy maid walked into to my room without knocking. The outlets are horrible I had to lift the microwave plug up for it to work. The phone doesn't work for some reason I love the beds and the room is always cool I like that. It's not a bad place to stay.

Stayed July 2014
GAURISH A, Manager at Quality Inn West Columbia, responded to this review, 16 September 2014

QUALITY INN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Greenville, S.C.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stay a lot in Columbia and I always go to Bill Shatner's website to get the cheapest room. That usually puts me in one of the Extended Stays but they were booked this week due to a softball tournament so I paid a little more and ended up in the Quality Inn. I wasn't expecting much but the receptionist was helpful, there were kids playing in the crystal clear pool, my room was clean and the A/C worked fine. The maid cleaned the room nicely and all around me was fairly quiet. And the breakfast room was better than expected.
I'm cheap so I'll end up back in an Extended Stay but staying a week in the Quality Inn reminded me of what a hotel is supposed to be like. I can only guess that the management here is first rate based on those I saw working.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GAURISH A, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn West Columbia, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Columbia, Alabama
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Well with the Masters in Augusta no other rooms to be found...so myself and two colleagues needed a place to stay... I was in the building to the right on the second floor...Bathroom was covered in long hairs and the towels had a lot of yellow stains... Bathroom floor was very sticky and toilet ran ever 25 seconds until I shut the water off to it...However my colleague was on the first floor on the left building stated holes in the walls....stains on towels, sheets, and comforter, If you have a choice stay else where, outside doors unsecure , I used tripadviser as a guide and thought it would be ok...looking back I notice a lot of "1" reviews giving it a good grade, makes me wonder........

Room Tip: Doors were unsecure to hallways.....
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rauschie
GAURISH A, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn West Columbia, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear Rauschie,

Kind Regards,

Travellers are raving about these West Columbia hotels

Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Great place to stay. We travel with our two pets and they are welcomed here. We have always found it to be clean and the staff friendly. We use this as our stopping place every trip to and from Florida.
The breakfast room is always clean and has fresh items out. The breakfast room attendant we friendly and helpful.
We would recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank L C
GAURISH A, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn West Columbia, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear L G,

Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

As with many Quality Inns, this is an older property which has received some updates to the rooms, mainly flooring and granite tub surrounds and vanity tops.

For the money, it was OK for an overnight stay. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and the A/C worked just fine.

The front desk staff were OK...nothing especially welcoming, but OK.

Breakfast was average, with some hot items. The small outdoor pool looked well maintained.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BobOttawa
GAURISH A, General Manager at Quality Inn West Columbia, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Bob Ottawa,

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This Quality Inn "hotel" in West Columbia, SC was part hotel (on the 2nd floor) and motel on the 1st floor.
The non-smoking room smelled HEAVILY of smoke, as did the hallway outside of the non-smoking rooms.
I would've expected the low quality conditions for a $60 room, but Not a $89 room. It was an over-priced, low quality motel room. I was afraid to take a shower in the bathroom. I won't stay there again.

Room Tip: The only tip that I can offer is, Don't Stay Here.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
GAURISH A, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn West Columbia, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear MJF1,

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Freeport, Illinois
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Finally another hotel that was perfect - almost. The rooms were roomy, clean, hot water with good pressure, all the amenities plus wi-fi. Places to eat within walking distance. Check in was pleasant and efficient. The only draw back to this stay was the breakfast room SUPERVISER. It was more like a drill sergeant. No wonder hardly anyone was in there. Most mornings at other hotels, there has been visiting and a relaxed mood. Not here. The food and food options were good though.

Room Tip: the entrance is hard to see from the road - watch for the Waffle restraurant.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank barbandjake
GAURISH A, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn West Columbia, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Barbandjake,

#22 of 94 in Columbia
Sleep Inn Airport
Sleep Inn Airport
#3 of 11 in West Columbia

Been to Quality Inn West Columbia? Share your experiences!