“Nice house but didn't get the warm fuzzy that you usually get with a B & B”
Review of Magnolia Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westminster
Magnolia Manor
Ranked #1 of 3 Westminster B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 May 2013

The main room downstairs is very pretty and the grounds are very nice. Great place for a wedding. I was in one of the rooms on an upper floor and it was quite cold. Didn't have an extra blanket and I looked for one. Wish I would have had a fireplace. Towels were thin and the soap was tiny, tiny. The room, bathroom and shower were small but adequate. No extras (shampoo, conditioner, a snack in the evening, a hot breakfast, a smile from the proprietor) even though they are pricey. The other bedrooms looked larger. Several people complained about the meager continental breakfast. I think they were overloaded with the wedding out back because I always felt like I was interrupting when I had a question. Would only go again if I had to stay directly in Westminster

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Special12k

Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stayed here because my sister was getting maried here. It was a beautiful site for a wedding, but as a B&B I was really disappointed. We travel a lot, and I've never stayed at a B&B that didn't offer a home-cooked hot breakfast. We traveled with our two joys and had to pay for two rooms. We shared a bathroom with only a shower stall. Top it off with only toast in the morning - or instant grits - but no eggs or bacon or homemade breads. Rooms that we paid for both had water stains on the ceiling and the boys' room had the "escape ladder" just laying on the floor with all the sharp edges exposed. Not making us feel safer. All-in-all I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

Beautiful location for a B&B. Not far from Clemson University, Lake Keowee, and Lake Hartwell. Would work well for business or pleasure. Rooms are large and clean. Parking can be tricky even though the town is similar to Mayberry USA.

I had a beautiful room but was hoping for a warmer evening. I hoped the fireplace worked but alas it did not, not even as a gas insert. Perhaps in other rooms. Breakfast was a simple continental breakfast which was plenty and the coffee was great.

The hosts best of all were awesome. Super helpful and nice. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 7 December 2012

We came to Magnolia Manor for a weekend getaway and were very satisfied. The old house and grounds are beautiful and our room was charming. We enjoyed the fireplace, small jacuzzi, and king canopy bed! Our hosts were the best part - they had a lot going on this weekend, but were very accommodating and friendly - made us feel right at home! Simple continental breakfast, but we were well pleased. Would recommend!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2012

The house and grounds were very nice. There was a mixup and we were not given the room that we reserved. We wanted a private getaway - but were given the room right by the dining area. And, the breakfast was most disappointing. :-(
Other B&Bs we've stayed at had nice fresh cooked breakfasts. Here there was only bagels, muffins, bread (all appeared store bought) and yoplait!
I think next time we'll pay about 1/2 the price and find a nice hotel :-(

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andiellen
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Although I would never misconstrue Westminster, SC a destination area, anyone looking to stay near Clemson/Lake Keowee area should consider staying at the Magnolia Manor Inn. The manor is beautiful from its exterior, and we could see why many choose to use their grounds for their weddings. The surrounding area also made for a peaceful, scenic morning run.

The owners were very gracious, and flexible to our needs. Communication was excellent before, during, and after our stay. Wine glasses and a cork screw were made available to us for our convenience. Although the morning breakfast was limited, it was still nice to have access to their Kuerig coffee maker.

The room itself was beautiful, and just what we wanted. Comfortable, clean bedding. Access to a small balcony for our morning coffee. We did not use the jacuzzi tub in the room, in favor of using the shower in the vacant, adjacent room. We agree with the previous comment that any other water use in the house results in dramatic temperature change! There were places that the wallpaper was pealing, but that did not interfere with our enjoyable stay.

Local dining options are VERY limited. We made the short drive to Lake Hartwell's marina, and did not feel inconvenienced at all.

Room Tip: Since we were the only guests the night we stayed, we took a peak at the other rooms. They were all...