“Go somewhere Else!!!”

Carolina Adventure World
Ranked #3 of 3 things to do in Winnsboro
More attraction details
Owner description: Take 2600 wooded acres of land, bring in developers who are as concerned with preserving natural beauty as they are with bringing a unique family recreation park to the area and you have an idea of the Carolina Adventure World vision. We are the Southern anchor of the world's largest playground with National Whitewater Park and Carowinds to the North and Myrtle Beach on the East.
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Drove almost 100 miles to ride dirt bikes there because of the good ratings and was very disappointing! Found almost all trails completely destroyed by ATV and UTV's, Major deep ruts on all trails and on some trails had huge 5 foot deep mud holes around blind turns! The service roads were also destroyed by the atv and utv drivers, This place is not dirt bike friendly at all. The motocross track was not groomed and had about 5 inches of dust and gravel on the surface and had a 4 seater polaris utv driving in the motocross track making it impossible to see through the dust! Paid for Campsite number 10 and got there to find the guys in camp 12 took campsite 10, 11, and 12 up with all of there vehicles and 2 tents so we had nowhere to park. Bad experience, this place needs to invest in a water truck and grooming equipment to repair there trails and roads and they need to patrol the camps to make sure the people get the campsites they pay for!!

2  Thank Germano K

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Carolina Adventure world is an ATV/Motor Cross Bike/Frisbee Golf/Zip Line park. It's a park with 2,600+ acres of private wooded hills and valleys to ride your ATV or off-road motorcycle thru - with varying degrees of difficulty. Wonderfully mapped out and lots of fun.

We used only the ATV trails. We wanted to stay there in one of their cabins, but these were all booked out, so advice - if you want to stay in one - book in advance. The people are great. We stayed at a local hotel, but didn't want to trailer our ATVs each day (we went for 4 days with 2 ATVs), and they had no problem with us leaving our trailer and ATVs there - they have 24 hr security and said anything they can do to make it more enjoyable, just ask. The lodge is really nice too, nice store with basically anything you need. They also have a canteen/mini snack center. Mon-Fri - pizza and wings only. Weekends - burgers, hot dogs, bbq, etc..... Prices very reasonable. For your ATV/Motorcycle - they have a nice 8 station power wash area too cost $1 for about 5 mins or so. Their trails are well marked and the map very accurate. The trails are well maintained as well. They also have tents u can rent too. We were there St. Pat's weekend, and there must have been over 500 people there over the weekend! We saw they have RV/camper hook up.

My personal issues. They also have showers, but the showers are not for the faint hearted. Unless you need a pair of discarded shorts or underwear. If you forgot your soap no worries, sure to find one in a shower stall. One thing also I didn't like - the toilets face the shower stalls. Would be nice to have a barrier wall separating the two. I didn't see the men's shower, but my husband peeked in to the women's (nobody was in it) and said it was very clean in comparison. Personally, I think the shower area and toilets would need more of a regular maintenance - especially when they are busy.

Aside from that - I highly recommend this park! They have mud bogs, an banked oval strip, drag strip - all kinds of things for those who are into off road motoring.

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I paid $25 bucks for a campsite with power & water hook-ups , restrooms , & shower facilities. I purchased enough firewood for the entire night for only $5... they even delivered it to my site at no additional charge ... And I had piece of mind knowing there was a security guard on duty all night .
The ATV trails are not for beginners . I've been riding ATV's for 20 years and there were some steep rocky areas on the " moderate trails " that I had to contemplate before attempting ...
" Easy " & " moderate "Trails are well maintained , but black diamond / double black diamond trails are seldom used and virtually impassable ... IMO , you'd have to be nuts to try them in the first place!
Other than a few mud holes & service roads , this isn't a place for first time ATV riders .
The staff was great and the grounds & facility was very clean.
It's a great place to take the family . I'd recommend staying at least two days or you won't even be able to see the entire place .

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Dont go!
If you do, dont rent an ATV from them.
We planned this as a destination trip, coming from different parts of the country.

When we arrived, we were rented ATVs that were in disrepair and unsafe. Both were on the "Maintenance list" they didnt want us to see. One was listed as "axle almost broke, rides rough." The shocks and steering were nearly non-existent, and it was incapable of being safely ridden on their easiest trail. The throttle was not affixed to the handlebar. The other had a mismatch between the front wheels and handlebar alignment, and was terrible in the suspension catagory, as well.
The man behind us in the rental line got an atv that kept quitting every couple of minutes.

They had no solutions, and acted like it was no big deal. Their customer service was horrific. Past abominable.

Stay away!!!!!!!

2  Thank bob s
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Great place to take your family for a day of off road adventure. I was surprised at how large the park is and how many trails there are for riders of all levels. I was also shocked that they pretty much just give you free range on the place, there aren't a lot of park employees at every corner monitoring what you are doing and shouting rules. In fact the only time we saw park employees is when they showed up to help us (broken chain and Gator breakdown). We spent the night in the RV park and rented a gator and 2 bikes for our boys and had a blast the entire day getting muddy. It was worth every penny and I recommend it to anyone looking to do this type of thing.

1  Thank FulltimeTraveler131