“Outstanding B&B!!!”

Songbird Manor Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winnsboro
Songbird Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Winnsboro B&B and Inns
Tavares, Florida
“Outstanding B&B!!!”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Very relaxing. Susan made our stay so enjoyable. She either stayed up and waited for us or left the lights on for us. Breakfast was wonderful! The home is 101 yrs old and the inside is beautiful. The furniture, window treatments take your breath away. We at first wondered how two ladies like us would be able to handle the staircase. By the 4th morning those 23 steps were no longer a challenge to us haha. Can't wait to go back and stay at The Songbird Manor...maybe in October with my niece and nephew. We will do the suite. More than enough space.

Room Tip: We slept in the room with two twin beds. The sheets were just like the ones I use...soft without lit...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Pinkbird42

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Mid-Ontario
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This fine old house is lucky to have Susan to look after it and we hope the house will make Susan comfortable, they both deserve prosperity. Parking is at the rear and the front of the house has a large two storey i think veranda and two-storey pillars (the house is about a century old).We were received with a warm and friendly greeting, there was a beautiful high-ceilinged lounge with TV and games to the left and a double room where tables were set ready for breakfast to the right, all impeccably decorated. Ahead, a long, easy flight of stairs led to the bedrooms on either side of a wide corridor opening onto the front balcony. Our room was very large, had a very comfortable king size bed, closet, TV and fireplace and a large en-suite bathroom with claw footed tub and shower. Breakfast was a very pleasant affair, there was one other well travelled lady guest at the large table (there were small tables available for non-morning persons) and the conversation was great. Afterwards, we had a good B&B business discussion with Susan and we hope the town of Winnsboro will support her continued business, which is an asset to the town. Susan directed us to a great local restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for the room Betty and Tony stayed in! Susan worries that guests can hear the trains, but they a...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Fletcher, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I happened to be working in Winnsboro for the SCDOT, for what was supposed to only be 7 days, and turned into 7 weeks. After commuting for the first week of work from Asheville, NC, I decided to look for a place to stay in town. After looking at all the hotels and seeing the horrible reviews, I decided to look for a B&B and found Songbird Manor. From the moment I entered the house, I felt at home. Susan (Inn-Keeper) was very welcoming and accommodating. My schedule was constantly changing from day to day, and she was more than willing to change my breakfast times, as well as working around my schedule for check-in and checkout. The breakfast food was fantastic. My favorite was the pancakes that were perfectly golden and crisp around the edge. Susan would even put some pecans in the batter for me! This was an absolute delight for a business trip where I am typically reduced to cereal bars and gas station coffee. The room was also very well appointed and the perfect size for a couple and plenty of room for just me. A seating area was located on the second floor, outside my room where I could sit and read. During the warmer times of my visit, the front porch was a perfect place to sit, listen to the birds, warm in the setting sun, and catch up on a good book.

Although I had to stay out of town for much longer than I planned, I must say that I was very blessed to find such a wonderful place to stay that made me feel much more comfortable than a typical hotel. Susan made me feel like one of the family, and I am sure my wife and I will be back to visit on a non-work related trip. I highly recommend the Songbird Manor.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank josephlaps
Bayeux
Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

After staying in many B&B's in SC, I would give this my number one vote. The inn is furnished beautifully with period furniture, the rooms are beautiful. The amenities were superb and breakfast was incredible. This one sets the standard.

Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ute A
Whispering Pines, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We found the Songbird Manor last year while we were in town for the Spartan Race in Winnsboro. It was perfect and knowing that we were going to be there again for another race this year, we didn't hesitate to reserve a room for the weekend. Susan was very accommodating around our schedule and everything was fantastic! I'm pretty picky when it comes to meals and many places don't give you enough to eat. But this wasn't a problem... we got the romance package and the meals were hearty and the desserts divine! I recommend the chocolate mousse. Husband and I highly recommend Songbird Manor.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank lrwells
Raleigh,NC
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Walking into this gorgeous B&B was like stepping back in time. I relaxed the moment I walked through the door. The owner, Susan, was very friendly and warm and I felt so welcome. The house is stunning. The front porch is sweeping and majestic. Prolific songbirds were music to my ears. The neighboring historic homes fascinated me. Treat yourself to luxury and relaxation for a bargain.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pamika7
Washington state
Reviewed 6 January 2009

Our large family spent a few days at Songbird Manor, and the accomodations are lovely and the food excellent, all at a good value for the price. I have only one complaint: the proprietress whisked the bedspreads away after we checked in and stowed them away in the rooms. Not being a person who enjoys looking at bare blankets, twice I replaced the bedspread, but each time when I was out, I'd find it had been removed again. The charm of the rooms is their decor, but you don't get to enjoy the full ambiance of them if the bedspreads are "just for show" on your arrival.

• Liked — Relaxing upstairs sitting room
  • Disliked — Bedspreads were removed after we checked in.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank 3pomsmom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winnsboro
Comfort Inn Blythewood
Comfort Inn Blythewood
#1 of 3 in Blythewood
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast
Days Inn North Columbia Ft. Jackson
Holiday Inn Express Blythewood
Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Northwest
BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia North East

Been to Songbird Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!