“From Bad to Worse”
Review of Deluxe Inn- York

Deluxe Inn- York
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in York
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

For 5 years we've been coming into York to visit family. We've stayed at this hotel every single time. I'd rather pay the extra and even drive the extra to go to Rock Hill for a hotel. Over the Years the hotel has gone downhill. During our recent (current) stay. We got a room with 2 double beds for 4 people. I asked for closest to the pool & ground floor (disabled and cannot do steps). I get a room FARTHEST from the pool. I walked past multiple empty rooms that we could have had, no one was in them through our entire stay. The first night we asked for extra pillows since they are pretty flat and we usually sleep on 2 at home. The manager argued it wasn't necessary for us to need 2 pillows a person. If that's how I sleep, then why does it matter?! I'm not going to steal your cheap pillows! They gave us THREE bath towels for four people. We asked for an extra and it was a nightmare. Housekeeping rolled their eyes like it was a huge inconvenience. We asked for more shampoo since the room was stocked with TWO single use plastic bags. Again we have 4 people. Housekeeping collected our towels, hand towels, wash clothes and bathroom mat. We again got 3 bath towels to replace, 2 wash clothes and 2 hand towels. I had my daughter go to the front desk for a bath mat as I am handicap and don't need to slip on wet tile coming out of the shower. We were told we didn't need one!! The beds are awful!! They are so hard and one was nothing but springs. We never felt rested because the beds were so uncomfortable we were up all night long tossing and turning!! The carpet is sticky and your get are black the moment you remove your socks or shoes. I've been traveling for 6 days and will travel 2 more before I return home. I travel a lot. I've never had a hotel deny me an extra towel, a bath mat, extra pillows or enough soap for everyone in the room. Every year we've stayed it has gotten worse. I won't return to this hotel in the future. None of my requests were above and beyond and no other hotel we've stayed at on this trip has had a problem with any of the simple requests I've had. Having worked in a hotel before I would have lost my job has I rolled my eyes at a customer!! Our hotel would have been shut down if we would have had beds like this! Reading the reviews and the "replies" from the "hotel manager" I am in awe! He says they pride themselves on housekeeping yet the rooms are not all that clean. My 13 year old could clean the room better then the hotel staff had!! Also worth mentioning was the frozen mystery ball of whatever in our mini fridge freezer (which is completely iced over and un-usable). It went from a 3-4 star hotel to a 1-1 1/2 star hotel in the 5 years we've been staying. Drive the extra 15 minutes and stay at a hotel in Rock Hill that is both cleaner and friendlier staffed.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Bobbie M
deluxeinnyorksc, Webmaster at Deluxe Inn- York, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2014

Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for all the reviews you have provided us. These reviews help us determine the roadmap we have to take in future. We apologize for the unpleasant experiences you had during your stay here. We will look upon the issues you have raised and take appropriate steps to address them.

We are set on improving ourselves so that we can provide impeccable services to our customers. We hope, on your next visit, you will get to see all the changes you have made. Thank You.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for at least 10 years. It has never been top notch, but this last stay was it for me and my entire family. Since the Days Inn dumped them it is a rat hole. There was chipped paint everywhere. Stained carpets, linen and bedspreads. There was a HUGE, live spider several inches from my head on the bed. We then found a dead one as well behind the mattress. I asked for and was given another room, however, it was dirtier then the first one. I was not even offered help in moving our belongings or anything of that nature. Not even a free cup of coffee. We never saw an exterminator come in either. The owner and manager were the most rude people I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. I have never know any business owner to talk to his customers like he did. I can see now why they are no longer permitted to use the Days Inn moniker. There were no coffee pots, as advertised also. The coffee offered in the lobby in the morning was undrinkable. I am so very upset by the fact that this once lovely place has gone to hell. What a shame that this community has lost a decent establishment to a bug infested, fleabag motel! I truly hope nobody ever stays there again and they are forced to sell to someone who might spend a nickel and fix it up! When Mr. Andy Patel no longer owns this place, I MIGHT consider returning. What an turd he is!!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose an different hotel!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Carrie G

Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for providing us with the elaborate review of our services and facilities. The feedback will help us find a direction we should take in the future. Also, we sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience caused during your stay with us. We are truly sorry if you had unpleasant experiences during your stay.

The issues you have raised in this review will be taken seriously and proper steps will be taken to address the issues. We hope you will the corrective measures we have taken to ensure that the mistakes will not be repeated again. Thank You.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here in business in the past and had a problem with the toilet leaking into the room. I called the front desk and was told it would be the next day before it would be fixed. I was naturally upset and when the owner, ANDY PATEL finally came to the room to fix it, I was told by ANDY that he dislikes Americans and construction workers especially!! Wow!! I am a union Pipefitter and will never give my money to this establishment again. Spend a little extra and stay somewhere your business is appreciated.

Stayed: April 2014
11  Thank David A
deluxeinnyorksc, Webmaster at Deluxe Inn- York, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking time to leave comments, but I’m troubled about the untrue allegations about a member of our management team. This hotel is the result of fulfilling an American dream and was built by Americans and others. We take pride in this property, its location and the value we provide. While I apologize for the maintenance issue, we cannot tolerate these hurtful and potentially damaging allegations. Still, I appreciate your business and would welcome you to stay with us again. Hospitality is our business.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

In my travels to York, the Deluxe Inn has been a great convenience, the hotel staff is very accomendating and friendly, if there is a problem they take care of it immediately. The rooms are clean and well kept. Large rooms with modern bathroom etc, flat screen TV with the usual options. The Deluxe Inn has wonderful interiors, very good service and some excellent dining, close to Shopping and Restaurant. I stay there every time I am in York, SC. Great value and location! Keep up the good work! Sinclair Garvin

Room Tip: Quiet an a excellent location.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sinclair G
Management response:Responded 14 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Deluxe Inn.
It is nice to know that you enjoyed the stay and services.
We are looking to improve our overall services still better.
Definitely we are improving a lot and we look forward for your next stay so that you can experience it.

Regards

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Last month I visited to York county and I stay to deluxe inn & suites such a wonderful hotel and nice place of York.
The room are clean and nice
Big space in rooms, clean parking area.
Morning breakfast is very good.
And such a good reasonable rate to this area.
Staff is helpful and polite to us
Such a wonderful trip to stay. I like this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Guuruu
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Deluxe inn has great service and are very friendly. I have been staying here for a little more than six months due to work and this is the cleanest hotel around. They have great selection of television channels. The heating and air condtioning is great. And they always make sure that you have everything you need even if it just directions somewhere. Great place to stay and be comfortable when your away from home. Thank you deluxe inn from James Gantt.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank james g
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here last night, all night it was like a huge party outside. Actually appeared to me as if this was a place to deal drugs. The room smelled very bad, stains on carpet, bedding, etc. I felt very unsafe to even leave my car or belongings in the parking lot, not to mention the very rude customer service o received at check inn. The lady was very rude and unprofessional. Don't waste your money at this place!!

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank mcimbalista

Dear Guest,

Thank you for commenting about our staff and the environment around the hotel. We sincerely apologize if we failed to meet your expectations in way. While hundreds of guests are satisfied each month, a few are not. Most recognize the combination of value, service and amenities we provide, but we’re sorry we could not meet your needs in this case.

Regards,
Hotel Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near York
Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill
Hampton Inn Rock Hill
#1 of 24 in Rock Hill
Baymont Inn & Suites Rock Hill
Wingate by Wyndham Rock Hill / Charlotte / Metro Area

Been to Deluxe Inn- York? Share your experiences!