The positives: the beds were very comfortable, the rooms clean, hot water for the shower seemed ample and the breakfast was delicious.
1. There was 4 people in our party, a couple and 2 singles. We made reservations for 2 rooms in the guest house (separate from the main house) months before our stay, one room having 1 queen and the other room having 2 twins; each room was apx. $80. When we call to confirm our late arrival the day we were to arrive we were told that there was a change in our reservation, that the 2 singles would be staying in the main house because another couple had requested a tipi stay but that the tipi had not been set up. The room with 2 twin beds would be used by the couple wanting the tipi and the 2 singles in our party would stay in the main house. Unfortunately, our party confirm that there would be no change to cost because of this switch. It turned out that the 2 singles were put in separate rooms and we were VERY rudely awakened with the cost of $75 EACH! An insufficient and angry retort was given when we objected to the price by pointing out that there should have been no additional cost to us since the switch was made at their behest, not ours.
2. The rooms in the main house are in the basement. We were hit with the smell of cat pee upon entering the basement, although the sleeping rooms themselves did not smell when the doors were closed.
3. The rooms in the basement flood when there is a rain storm. My advice, don't leave anything on the floor in the event of a rain storm.
4. You are joined at breakfast by the man of the house. Generally, I welcome the thought of eating with the proprietors; except, in this case, this gentleman overwhelmed the conversation by talking without ceasing.
5. There are 2 roads to the BnB, both dirt, an older road and a newer road. When there is a rain storm, it is better to go to-and-from using the new road which is graded with elevation so the rain runs off without adversely affecting the road. Had the proprietors mentioned this to us as we left, we would not have nearly gotten stuck, as did the guest that left before us, in one of the several virtual ponds and streams that formed on the old road because of the storm.