“Meh ”
Review of Kings Inn

Kings Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Belle Fourche
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at worse, but never this lack of security! Door barely shut, no dead bolt!
A/c not working well, over priced, but got us off the road. Slightly better than sleeping in the car.
Water in shower was hot & had good pressure, that's about the best I can say.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Pamela M

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed here for 3 days when this hotel was suggested as the event hotel. This place is awful. My mom ACTUALLY GOT FLEAS FROM SLEEPING IN THE BED!! I slept on an airmatress, in my sleeping bag, so I didn't get fleas, but our other roommate got fleas in her luggage which infested her house after she flew home!
I didn't expect the place to be nice but getting fleas from a room that you pay for is UNCALLED FOR!! After addressing the issue with the owner, he proceeded to argue with us for half an hour and was rude and disrespectful the whole time. I do not recommend anyone to stay here, ever.

Room Tip: Check TripAdvisor for other hotels in the area, or even camping.
5  Thank MarathonerKari
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Can't think of any reason I'd ever stay there again. Unfortunately, had to stay there 3 nights as the event that I was in town for had the entire town booked solid. Stained carpet, old paint, dead flies, cheap 'see through' blinds, bathroom very dirty. Very scratchy towels & washcloths, only ONE bar of soap and NO SHAMPOO. Room was supposed to have a refrigerator but none there. Complained to the owner whose response was, "Yeah, the guest steal everything." with no offer to provide one. Attached restaurant 'Boomba' was inexpensive but still not worth the price. Avoid this place at all costs.

Room Tip: From talking to others in our group there were no 'good' rooms.Avoid.
3  Thank ManiacMarathoner-178
Reviewed 8 October 2013

As a group we spent 3 nights in this hotel, upon entering the room we were greeted with a horrible smell. Flies were everywhere, the refrigerator unplugged, carpet was filthy, blankets on bed were stained. I would not recommend this hotel

3  Thank Vickey B
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I will never again stay at the Kings Inn in Belle Fourshe, SD. The folks at the front desk were not necessarily the kindest people. Further, not only was I charge twice as much per night, $140 per night vs. $70 (was then told that the only room available was the “Suite”), but they left me looking for a new hotel/room for my 4th day. I initially reserved 4 nights, but when I arrived, I was told only 3 nights (turned out to be a blessing) and now I had to settle for a “Suite” that was dirty. When asked, I was told someone would “take care of it”. They never did. We also try calling the front desk numerous times, but no luck (evidently, they care more about the attached bar than the guest in the rooms). Fortunately there's a Subway restaurant walking distance from the Kings Inn (the food at the Kings Inn was not good at all). Also heard many others complain about bed bugs (although I did not see any in my room). Sad. Never again.

3  Thank Jorge G
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This place was smelly as soon as you walked in the room, stained carpet, no amenities (one tiny bar of soap for 3 days), old, thin sheets. But the worst part was being awakened at 1:30 am and hearing drunken sex in the adjoining room (the housekeeper/bartender). Disgusting! We were there with a large group and I heard complaints of bed bugs and the housekeepers dog in heat and with fleas going in the rooms when she was "cleaning" (so to speak). Stay somewhere else.

4  Thank Carol B
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Check-in process was smooth, but one step in the room showed a dirty room. One of our beds was not fully made. Bugs in the room, the so-called security latch was inoperable due to the latch piece missing. Our blinds did not fully cover the window, allowing for no privacy. A dog in heat was allowed in whatever room she wanted. The microwave and refrigerator were filthy. We did not feel comfortable here. This place is not worth $69 per night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
#2 of 7 in Belle Fourche
Super 8 Spearfish
Super 8 Spearfish
#5 of 14 in Spearfish

Been to Kings Inn? Share your experiences!