Crossroads Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$74
US$122
TownePlace Suites
US$118
US$109
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hi we came down from Mn. Worked all day and needed a room for the night.
This place is Locally owned! Very NICE people. THANKS!!!!!
It was clean and quite. We had our service dog with and had no problems with that!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Firewo
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This motel could use some upgrading, but for the price it will do for one night. The room was clean but the ceiling needed patching and a coat of paint. I could not lock the door and close it when I was outside: it had to be locked with a keyhole standing in the cold. Very poor pillows.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side away for the trucks running all night in the truck stop next door.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We travel to Beresford several times a year. We have always stayed in Sioux Falls, at a Marriott or Hampton. This time because of our schedule we took a chance and reserved a room at Crossroads a 70's motel! What a pleasant surprise, and no commute to and from Sioux Falls! We will stay at this motel on our next trip to Beresford. No smoke smell in the non-smoking room. The room has a flat screen tv with all the sports channels, and strong wireless wifi connection. No swipe key - you will be given a KEY! No breakfast provided, but BK is across the street, Subway down the street, and if you need a sandwich or pizza during your stay there is a bar and grill right behind the motel. Oh, and our nightly room rate with tax was $62.00 - not sure what the rate is during the South Dakota tourist and hunting season. I didn't rate it excellent because it is Very Good!

Room Tip: Ask for room 114 - two double beds, and away from the interstate highway side of the motel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank GoliteIowa
Reviewed 22 November 2013

If this room cost more money, I would have rated my stay a lot lower, but since we were only there for one night and it was REALLY INEXPENSIVE even after paying the dog surcharge, I am able to view the whole experience through the rose-colored glasses of saving lots of money.

The motel is easy to find and the room was very large and clean. The decor was very dated but the furnishings were sturdy and useful. Although other reviewers complained that their non-smoking rooms smelled smoky, this was not a problem at all for us.

The reason I would rate this stay lower if the room had cost more, besides the dated decor, is the bed. The bed was very uncomfortable for me. It was obvious that the mattress had a plastic cover over it beneath the sheets, but also the mattress was really hard, yet sort of sunk in where you lay making it hard to adjust position in the night. So basically, I would wake up in the night feeling uncomfortable and want to adjust somehow, but first I would have to climb my way out of the impression made by where I already was, and during the process the plastic cover under the sheets would feel weird and make noise. My pillow was also hard.

All in all though, we only needed to stay one night, and the pet-friendly nature of the room helped us out a lot. It worked for our needs and did I mention it was really cheap?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank polkadots_eve
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is a locally owned "ma and pa" MOTEL. The gentleman at the desk is very nice. The rooms are clean and modernly decorated. The beds are comfortable and so are the pillows. The do have WI-FI, but no pool or hot tub (but neither does the Super 8). No continental breakfast, but there is a BK across the street and a Caseys a block away. This is my second time staying here and will do it again when necessary. The price is very reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business